PDA

View Full Version : The People's Popular Front of Judea...

sean dixie
2nd August 2013, 20:35
Hi all, nice new-look E-Budo. :)

As you all probably know I practice Shorinji Kempo away from WSKO; "Nothing lasts forever." said the Buddha, or something like that. Anyway, as this forum is all things Shorinji Kempo can we talk splitters?

Now we all know that the Judean Peoples Front is the only real place to be a Judean but how many Shorinji Kempo splitters do we know?

I ask as there are rumours abound of yet another one and I'm curious. :)

Sean Dixie

Rob Gassin
3rd August 2013, 06:57
Don't be so cryptic Sean, tell us more.

caliurion
3rd August 2013, 21:15
Yep even heard the same rumours up here in sunny Scotland , awaiting any news on wsko website but nothing yet.

Alistair Stewart

Rob Gassin
4th August 2013, 09:39
Yep even heard the same rumours up here in sunny Scotland , awaiting any news on wsko website but nothing yet.

Alistair Stewart

Why should WSKO comment on rumours?

Even if it's more than a rumour (I heard the news, even here in Australia, a few days ago) WSKO is unlikely to comment unless a number of branches are involved.

However, like the rest of you, I'd like to know the reason for the split.

JL.
4th August 2013, 10:39
Gassho!

This is not very helpful.
Unless someone is willing to post real information I respectfully suggest to stay off of eBudo. Arigato gozaimashita!

Kesshu,
______ Jan.

caliurion
4th August 2013, 10:40
I hear you just looking for some clarity on the situation to know the facts and then move forward in the best possible way

Alistair Stewart

Anders Pettersson
4th August 2013, 12:05
Most of you that has "heard rumours" could easily contact the persons involved and get clarity, instead of getting more rumours going.

/Anders

sean dixie
4th August 2013, 13:09
I've heard that Sensei Russell, 6th Dan and an official WSKO instructor has resigned from WSKO. It interests me as Sensei Russell was one of my early instructors and one of the most vocal and heavily involved people in our split with WSKO.

I imagine that if Sensei Russell leaves then his life long kempo partner and friend Sensei Peter will follow shortly.

All this splitting... maybe it's a British thing? When something is wrong, it needs sorting no matter how hard or what the sacrifices need to be made. I've lost the seminars and many friends and opportunities but I've gained also; I believe I've gained a better understanding of Doshin So's teachings. Who knows? He might have been amused by all this. Next!

russ13
4th August 2013, 21:42
Yes Sean you are quite correct in your thoughts, my how the jungle telegraph works!! I have resigned for personal reasons that I am happy to discuss with anyone outside of this forum. To quell rumours it has nothing to do with the recent court case of the BSKF versus WSKO. The decision of myself and the Bournemouth Branch was made some time prior to the outcome of that particular case. However I will say having read the whole twenty odd page document of that case, not always having seen eye to eye with Dave Dunn, I must congratulate him on an excellent constructive defence, so credit where credit is due--well done Dave and those who supported you. Having spent some two thirds of my life practicing Shorinji Kempo you can imagine it was a heart breaking decision to have to make. The past four years of conflict have taken their toll on all involved and I am afraid the Shorinji Kempo I started in June 1974 for me is no longer. It is said that change is inevitable and one must adapt, whilst that is true some change is for the better whilst some may not be.

Steve Williams
4th August 2013, 22:05
Ok, was going to post the below but it appears that Russell Sensei has beaten me to it....
Oh well....

"Due to personal reasons Sensei Russell Jenkins (6th Dan) has regrettably
stood down as President of the UK shorinji kempo federation and has also
suspended Bournemouth branch as a WSKO branch. If anyone has any further
need of clarification then it is suggested that you contact Russell Sensei
directly."

David Dunn
4th August 2013, 22:20
To be fair it wasn't exactly a court case, but rather an opposed application to register a trademark. This is not statutory law, but common law, and the purpose of a trademark is to distinguish the origin of the goods or services. The opponent (i.e. Shorinji Kempo Unity - a laughable misnomer) has initiated an appeal in the High Court, so we'll have to rehearse the arguments all over again. If anyone wants to help get in touch.

On topic, good luck to Russell and whoever is with you.