PDA

View Full Version : tsuka question 2

davidtorez
14th September 2013, 07:19
Can anyone recommend any product or methods to make a silk wrapped tsuka a little bit more tacky? Ive noticed when using the sword sometimes when my palm even gets a little bit sweaty my right hand starts sliding down the tsuka when swinging the sword, is there something i can apply to the silk wrap to make it less slippery?

Have a good one

Dave

pgsmith
15th September 2013, 04:48
It sounds to me like you have an incorrect grip rather than slippery wrap. You should ask your instructor about this and see if he (or she) can see what you are doing wrong.

Let us know what you find.

davidtorez
15th September 2013, 06:57
It sounds to me like you have an incorrect grip rather than slippery wrap. You should ask your instructor about this and see if he (or she) can see what you are doing wrong.

Let us know what you find.

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the reply. My grip is actually OK, its a combination of the tsuka being a little bit on the thinner side and also the old silk wrap thats become super smooth over the years. I have no problem with my right hand sliding down the tsuka on the first half hour of practise, its only when my hand gets more sweaty and tired when this happens. Do you know any way to make the silk wrap a bit more tacky without ruining it ?

have a good one.

Dave