PDA

View Full Version : Foreigners training at Hombu Dojo / Headquarters?

emptymindfilms
17th October 2013, 19:12
I am looking for foreign contacts or students who are training at the Shorinji Kemo Headquarters. This is for an episode of a documentary program we are working on and filming will be this November 2013.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Anders Pettersson
17th October 2013, 21:06
I am looking for foreign contacts or students who are training at the Shorinji Kemo Headquarters. This is for an episode of a documentary program we are working on and filming will be this November 2013.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Jon

At the moment there are no non-Japanese students (AFAIK) enrolled at the Zenrin Gakuen (the name of the school at Shorinji Kempo Hombu), nor are there any non-Japanese staff (they have had non-Japanese staff previously).
However there are staff that are good in English.

Also, at the regular koshukai (study sessions) that are held at the hombu kenshi (SK members) from all over Japan attend, often some of the non Japanese members that live in Japan also attend these koshukai at hombu.

If you send me a private email ( "anders at shorinjikempo dot se" or "anders at shorinjikempo dot net" ) and I can help you come in contact with the right people at our hombu.

Anders Pettersson
President
Swedish Shorinji Kempo Federation