PDA

View Full Version : Hello, happy 2014

Pseudo
3rd January 2014, 19:01
Hi

My primary MA (if you want to call it that) is boxing, or rather the one I practiced the longest, I also have experience in Shotokan Karate and I've tried Aikido which is what brings me here. I live in a rather remote location in northern canada, and my options are relatively limited however we seem to get a lot of Aikido practitioners. I was hoping to request some information on some of the instructors and their pedigree. My main concern iv had with aikido is how compliant it is, I've noticed that if I resist it usually rendered the techniques innefective. Recently I went to a dojo that teaches Aiki jujutsu, I enjoyed what I saw but I still have a few concerns, I will post more details on the subject in the aiki jujutsu thread, hopefully someone will be able to help me make decisions. :)

Cady Goldfield
3rd January 2014, 20:30
Welcome to E-Budo and Happy New Year. There are people here both in aikido and aikijujutsu, so hopefully they will be able to address your concerns and maybe even be able to suggest a good dojo/instructor in your part of Canada.

The issues of ineffective technique and compliance in aikido (as well as in the martial arts in general) have been discussed here many times, In addition to making fresh inquiries, it may also be fruitful to look up some of those older and archived threads because they may be helpful in shedding light on these concerns.

So, again welcome to E-Budo, and we hope you enjoy participating here.