PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to All

bbelt1215
21st January 2014, 11:00
Hello, E-Budo!

My name is Daniel Broderick from Indiana in the U.S. I graduated from college last year and am now working in western Japan on the JET Program.

My reason for being here? A desire to reinvent myself as a martial artist. It has been six years since I have had to move away from my karate dojo of ten years, and have now set my sights on the world of sword arts. Specifically, iai.I have not yet found a dojo, but there are several prospects I am in the process of checking out. Two of the dojos are MSR and the last is Kanshin-ryu Iaijutsu.

On a final note, my Japanese, while far from perfect, is relatively developed, so I hope I will be able to contribute to the forums on the language side of things, and eventually in terms of budo as well.

I sincerely look forward to talking with you all!

P Goldsbury
21st January 2014, 13:03
Hello Mr Broderick,

Welcome to E-Budo. I see you are living in my part of the world and hope that your duties as a JET still allow you to do some training. I have occasionally attended general meetings of JET recruits and I am well aware of the issues some of them face.

Best wishes,

P A Goldsbury

bbelt1215
21st January 2014, 13:31
Mr. Goldsbury,

It's a pleasure. And thank you for your response. I am up in Unnan City, about two and a half hours away thanks to the new expressway.

Hiroshima is such a fun city! I've only been there a few times, but it's one of the places I hope to explore more in the next few years. I may contact you about things to do there if it wouldn't be a bother.

Yoroshiku onegaiitashimasu