PDA

View Full Version : Dojo in Shimane Prefecture

bbelt1215
21st January 2014, 11:17
Hello, everyone!

I arrived in northeastern Shimane late last year and am now ramping up my search for a sword art dojo. In particular, I am looking for Iaido/jutsu, or perhaps kenjutsu.

I have observed classes at two locations, one at Shimane University (Matsue City) and another at private dojo that trains Kanshin-ryu (also in Matsue). There is only one other that I have heard about that trains MSR in Matsue.

Is there anyone who might be familiar with dojo around this area that could provide any information on other places I should check into? Maybe something that would not show up easily online even.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

22nd January 2014, 03:02
Stick with the Kanshin ryu Dojo. Very nice people - specially because they are doing a lot more than just Iai! (but still, their Iai is awesome!).

One of the teacher at the Kashin ryu Dojo is also high skilled in Shinkage ryu, Fusen ryu and Moto-ha Yoshin ryu. IŽd bet that you can learn a lot from them!

Best,
Micha

bbelt1215
22nd January 2014, 09:46
Mr. Reinhardt,

Thank you for your input. To be honest I was leaning towards joining there anyway. I'm sure the MSR practitioners are quite skilled, but the most recent person to join the Kanshin-ryu dojo joined three years ago and several of them have been training for well over a decade. As such, I also think I could potentially learn a lot more there.

22nd January 2014, 10:41
Good choice Mr. Broderick.

If youŽre coming to Tokyo someday, please give me a message. Maybe we could have a drink together!

All the best to Shimane,

bbelt1215
24th January 2014, 14:23
Absolutely! I might not get out that way often, but if I do I'll let you know.