PDA

View Full Version : Dai Yoshin-ryu Aikijujutsu / Juko-ryu Aiki Inyo Jujutsu (Jukokai)

ghp
9th November 2000, 07:16
THE FOLLOWING WAS COPIED FROM A THREAD REGARDING HAKKO-RYU JUJUTSU:

the only other person whom I have heard of who studied under Okuyama who came to any prominence was Mr. Yokota, who later founded DaiYoshinRyu Aikido

I'm sorry to tell you that "Mr. Yokota" is currently an unsubstantiated "urban legend." I was a student of Albert C. Church from 1970-73 and I know his story and claims. I'm also familiar with the person who continues to perpetrate the "myth."

I have yet to find any resource in Japan that identifies -- or has even mentioned -- "Dai Yoshin Ryu jujutsu."

If you do have Japanese sources that mention Mr. Chijiro Yokota or Dai Yoshin Ryu, I would love to include them in my library. Japanese citations would help me to validate some earlier claims -- which I'd love to do since I have a very fond memory of Church sensei.

Regards,
Guy

12thPowerEnergyField
9th November 2000, 07:49
In previous post, GHP wrote:

If you do have Japanese sources that mention Mr. Chijiro Yokota or Dai Yoshin Ryu, I would love to include them in my library. Japanese citations would help me to validate some earlier claims -- which I'd love to do since I have a very fond memory of Church sensei.

Regards,
Guy

Dear Guy,
Hmmm, thanks for the new info. I will now have to go out to the garage and dig up the magazine article I got my info from....
Thanks again,

Bill Rodgers

ghp
9th November 2000, 19:19
Bill,

I will now have to go out to the garage and dig up the magazine article I got my info from.

Nah, don't bother -- you've got it in the correct file.

Regards,
Guy