PDA

View Full Version : Southern California

StephenBaker
13th August 2014, 22:23
Apologies up front if this is the wrong sub-forum but my request fits in between the lines.

I am looking for a training partner for Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu.

I am not an instructor or teacher or leader.

We would commit to fly to Seattle minimum 3x year, ideally more (I personally plan 6x) to learn and then practice what we learned together in Southern California. I live in Irvine.

While this sounds like a lot of work, I am committed and seek a committed training partner to commit to at least one 2 hours a week practice any night but Thursday (work, not personal challenge).

Please send a private message if you would like to discuss.

Thank you for your consideration.

StephenBaker
23rd January 2015, 02:56
Update. I have found one partner going to interview with Sensei.

We would like to find another person if possible equally as committed.

Our new plan is to fly up at least 4x a year if not more but a minimum of 4 travels and train 2x week.

Life happens but there is no value to being a budo tourist to borrow a phrase. Committed regular training is the only option.

This is a serious commitment but a potentially very personally rewarding one with an awesome group of people.

Please PM me if you might like to investigate.

Thank you for your consideration.

StephenBaker
13th January 2016, 23:58
Update. There are now three of us in the fledgling stage who have met with Sensei and officially joined the dojo.

We are still looking for another person or a few who would commit to the training. We cannot teach, only practice what we know, so learning new kata is through travel to Seattle.

We are working on a fixed training location but have made it work so far.

Again, the people are great.

Please PM if you might be interested.

Scott Harrington
14th January 2016, 13:06
Contact Combes sensei (Aikido), he shares space in Fullerton, Ca with a Tenshin Katori ryu study group. Never trained with them in the sword art but they seemed like good guys!

Scott Harrington

StephenBaker
15th January 2016, 04:37
Thank you for the information.

Stephen