PDA

View Full Version : Aikido videos

The Piranah
30th March 2001, 12:40
I am still working on this massive aikido video project for my end of year. I have two questions.
The first is
If you were making an aikido video for beginners what would you consider vital to be included?

and the second is
What do you like to see most in an aikido video?

sorry about all these posts for my coursework, my tutor keeps telling me i have to ask people outside of the dojos i train at!

Jake McKee
4th April 2001, 14:10
I like to see Aikido videos done on film rather than on video. Of course it's more expensive but the look is so much more.... timeless.

As for the content, I feel there are enough videos based on technique... interviews with prominent instructors, demos, historical videos and the like are always interesting.

Best of luck and let us know what comes of your project!

dainippon99
4th April 2001, 20:02
I second the film idea.
I always like to see various higher ups giving their thoughts on budo/aikido, as well as a demonstration form them. I also like to see an overview of the style.

The Piranah
17th May 2001, 12:12
Video just about finished, and i did take the advice of the interview with major sensei.. The film is not as perfect as i would like due to the joys of the college editing equipment being really faulty - it always is!_ but its pretty much there.