PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Ireland!

Crazy Aido
9th January 2015, 23:52
Hi E-budo!

My name is Aidan O'Reilly, I'm from Ireland, a little town called Maynooth. I've been practicing martial arts for many years now, but just recently I got back into it, and introduced myself to koryu martial arts, in the form of Katori Shinto Ryu.

I'm loving everything that I'm learning and looking forward to learning more, I've also been looking for some time for a school to teach me a koryu naginata style. Hopefully that will pan out in the next few months. Although if you know anyone in Ireland, please, let me know.

In any case, looking forward to speaking to you all. And tahnks for having me on board.

Aidan.

Cady Goldfield
10th January 2015, 00:13
Welcome to E-Budo! We hope you enjoy the forums, particularly the Sword/Koryu ones.
I recall that there are representatives in Ireland of the Yoshio Sugino lineage of TSKSR.

Crazy Aido
10th January 2015, 08:00
Thank you Cady, the representative of TSKR in Ireland is who introduced me to koryu... So blame him for me being here!

atrixnet
15th January 2015, 20:24
Welcome, from someone of Irish descent who lives in America, speaks Spanish, and is studying a Japanese koryu

Crazy Aido
16th January 2015, 15:55
Thanks atrixnet!Realistically, all the Irish have a little bit of Spanish in them, as it's where the Celts first invaded from.Though you wouldn't think it to look at us, yeeeesh...

atrixnet
16th January 2015, 16:24
Thanks atrixnet!Realistically, all the Irish have a little bit of Spanish in them, as it's where the Celts first invaded from.Though you wouldn't think it to look at us, yeeeesh...

And here's another curveball -- I'm studying Japanese too. So yeah, there's that. I'll probably speak Japanese very well in 2 years from now.

Here's the crest of my Irish house (click for full version)
http://butler.sh/avatar (http://butler.sh/crest)

Brian Owens
16th January 2015, 23:05
...Here's the crest of my Irish house...

Ah! An educational opportunity presents itself!

What you've shown is not a "crest," but a coat of arms; or more accurately an achievement of arms. The crest is only a small part of a complete achievement; the part that, well, crests the achievement. Other parts are the coat of arms (the most important part), the helm, the mantling, etc. (At least you didn't say "family crest." (There's no such thing.))