PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Northern Ireland

Adam.C
14th January 2015, 19:08
Hi all!

Long time lurker, thought it was time to finally say hello!

My name's Adam and I'm from a town called Craigavon in Northern Ireland, I've done various martial arts growing up (Ninpo Taijutsu, Taekwondo, Taiji, Bagua etc) but stopped almost altogether for a while.

I'm new to my current martial arts, only discovering that they're taught within travelling distance relatively late into the last year.

I've done weekly lessons for about 2-3 months in MJER iai (Took a break due to issues traveling as it's about 50 miles away) and I've had a single class in Kenjutsu which I'll only be attending bi-monthly (Sadly it's about 100 miles away and takes up the entire Saturday due to travel). So a complete beginner basically!

Anyway, enjoying myself and just wanted to say hi!

Now back to lurking :p

pgsmith
14th January 2015, 23:06
Greetings Adam,
Welcome to e-budo. Only MJER in North Ireland that I know if is Roshukai. That your dojo? Don't feel bad, I have to drive 47 miles to our dojo every Wednesday.
What flavor of kenjutsu are you learning?

Adam.C
14th January 2015, 23:32
Greetings Adam,
Welcome to e-budo. Only MJER in North Ireland that I know if is Roshukai. That your dojo? Don't feel bad, I have to drive 47 miles to our dojo every Wednesday.
What flavor of kenjutsu are you learning?

Hi Paul,

Yes it's the Roshukai up in Bangor. Sadly I'm a lazy bum and rely on Public Transport :laugh:

The kenjutsu is Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryū, I've only had one class so far but I'm looking forward to many more!