PDA

View Full Version : Ninja uniform(shinobi shozoku)

Ninja12
2nd April 2001, 20:28
I want to order or make a ninja oufit. Evey site i go to has a ninja oufit that is really trash and isnt made good.
so if anyone can help me find a good ninja oufit please help!! I want the traditional Shinobi Shozoku

fitguy
10th February 2008, 18:06
Hi just reading your message, been teaching Ninpo for 24 years and have been looking for a good ninja shozoku but all rubbish, so on this visit to Japan i bought the real thing from the ninja shop in iga ueno ninja village, its expensive,£165 but i am doing a large demonstration with my students in may so i wanted the real thing, looks great in photo,s, hope this helps you but you will have to pay if you are serious?

Chris Buechler
12th February 2008, 20:16
Try here:
http://www.shop-japan.co.jp/english-boku/index.html

Expensive, but theywill be custom made and of good quality.
Cheers!
Chris Buechler

pgsmith
12th February 2008, 20:33
Wow!
The original post was almost seven years old. You ninjas really do believe in coming out of nowhere! :D

Mizu
16th February 2008, 20:13
Take a look at the one i sell in my shop:

http://www.yarinohanzo.com/index.php?cPath=136

It's hand stitched on customer's measurements.

Francesco
Italy

Shiisama
21st June 2008, 02:32
It is MUCH more easier to get one made from a tailor and much cheaper. It is basically just a hakama, montsuki with the kyahan and tekkou.

S. Hakuko

Nii
22nd June 2008, 07:50
Wow!
The original post was almost seven years old. You ninjas really do believe in coming out of nowhere! :D

Hahah yeah! I take it thread necromancy is okay on this forum?

Brian Owens
22nd June 2008, 08:31
...I take it thread necromancy is okay on this forum?
Sure; I do it myself all the time.

For instance:

...[A ninja outfit] is basically just a hakama, montsuki with the kyahan and tekkou.
I think it would be more accurate to say it's a hakama, uwagi, and kyahan & tekko.

The broad sleeves and full length of a montsuki kimono would tend to be disadvantagous for most shinobi-type activities.

Ron Beaubien
22nd June 2008, 13:23
I think it would be more accurate to say it's a hakama, uwagi, and kyahan & tekko.

The broad sleeves and full length of a montsuki kimono would tend to be disadvantagous for most shinobi-type activities.

Not to mention, that having one's family crest prominently displayed five different places on one's kimono would also be a dead give away.

How "stealthy" is that?! Ha!

Regards,

Ron Beaubien