PDA

View Full Version : Schools and Techniques

Gogita9x
3rd April 2001, 13:16
Hello people,

Being that you guys are martial arts practicioners and way more experienmced and knowledgeable than me I have some questions .

In your specific martial art do you have techniques like atemi/atemiwaza and kyusho/kyushowaza? Meridian and nerve strikes, percussive blows, and bone breaking?

Could you tell me some good schools in tennessee and mississippi and some good training supplement books where i could learn atemiwaza and kyushowaza(atemi and kyusho)?

Anders Pettersson
3rd April 2001, 14:30
Hi Kai.

Yes, the use of atemi and kyusho are a part of the techniques in Shorinji Kempo.

As for a school in Tennessee orMississippi, I am not sure if there are any Shorinji Kempo branhes in that area. I guess maybe some other member of e-budo that live in the US, maybe can answer thatt one.

Steve Williams
4th April 2001, 21:03
Originally posted by Gogita9x
Hello people,

Being that you guys are martial arts practicioners and way more experienmced and knowledgeable than me I have some questions .

In your specific martial art do you have techniques like atemi/atemiwaza and kyusho/kyushowaza? Meridian and nerve strikes, percussive blows, and bone breaking?

As Anders said, yes we do have Atemiwaza etc.. we do not use bone breaking....

Could you tell me some good schools in tennessee and mississippi and some good training supplement books where i could learn atemiwaza and kyushowaza(atemi and kyusho)?

As far as Shorinji Kempo is concerned try http://www.shorinjikempo.or.jp/wsko/list/usa.html this gives branches in the US....

I would say that if you want to learn any pressure point technique then GO TO A RECOGNISED SCHOOL, do not try to learn from books.
I know that George Dillmans school uses a lot of pressure point 'stuff', but he is not in the UK so don't know if he is any good.

Hope this is helpful, and hope you find what you are looking for.
BUT don't think that pressure point fighting is a "Holy grail", it can be effective but it is best as a supplement or addition to a well grounded and complete martial art.