PDA

View Full Version : Schools and Techniques

Gogita9x
3rd April 2001, 13:17
Hello people,

Being that you guys are martial arts practicioners and way more experienmced and knowledgeable than me I have some questions .

In your specific martial art do you have techniques like atemi/atemiwaza and kyusho/kyushowaza? Meridian and nerve strikes, percussive blows, and bone breaking?

Could you tell me some good schools in tennessee and mississippi and some good training supplement books where i could learn atemiwaza and kyushowaza(atemi and kyusho)?

MarkF
4th April 2001, 13:21
The question you should ask yourself is what is best for me? If you have no aikido training, I think you will find this in any school of Aikido, so do a search on the web (google.com) with the words Aikido Mississippi. I just took a look and there are a myriad of schools of Aikido.

Second to that would be a good school of judo, not one strictly geared toward competition. In this regard, I would probably recommend a search for Kodonkan (danzanryu) jujutsu, the one by the late sensei Hery Okazaki.

As I said, there are many schools, your bob will be to find one which suits you and one which suits them

Mark

Greg Jennings
4th April 2001, 14:42
Originally posted by Gogita9x
Hello people,

Being that you guys are martial arts practicioners and way more experienmced and knowledgeable than me I have some questions .

In your specific martial art do you have techniques like atemi/atemiwaza and kyusho/kyushowaza? Meridian and nerve strikes, percussive blows, and bone breaking?

Could you tell me some good schools in tennessee and mississippi and some good training supplement books where i could learn atemiwaza and kyushowaza(atemi and kyusho)?

Frankly, it doesn't sound like Aikido would interest you.

I am originally from Tennessee and now reside in Montgomery, AL. I travel home often and train while I'm there. If you are interested in checking out Aikido, I'd be happy to do some research for you and recommend a dojo. Just e-mail me privately (address below).

If you are ever in my neck of the woods, you're welcome to visit our dojo.