PDA

View Full Version : New to the forums

Luoxiang
19th January 2017, 15:36
Hello,

My name is Jacob, I hail from Portland Oregon. I just got into Kendo, however I have dabbled in martial arts before. My previous practice was Ryobu Kai Karate Do.

I did that for a number of years, but had to stop due to financial difficulties. I really hope to get to know as many people as possible, and gain a lot of knowledge! I hope the forum is still active too :D

Cady Goldfield
19th January 2017, 16:40
Welcome to E-Budo, Jacob.
We hope you'll enjoy reading and posting in the forums. You may already have checked out the Kendo forum, but if not, take a look. There is a lot of valuable information stored there from years of discussion, with many contributions from experienced kendo-ka. You may find answers to some of your questions, as well as thought-provoking commentary, there and in the other E-Budo forums. Again, welcome!

Luoxiang
19th January 2017, 16:53
Hello Cady!

Thanks for the reply, I was worried the forums became quiet, and that I wasnt going to be able to be part of the community because i joined late lol

P Goldsbury
20th January 2017, 04:32
Hello,

I remember moving you recently from the Members Awaiting Moderation category. We now do this manually, in order to deal with computerized spambots.

If you look at the statistical details posted at the bottom of the forums top page, you will see that we have about 700 active members, out of a much larger membership number. We have discussed this on a number of occasions and we think the main reason is the rise of social media such as Facebook. As a result, the forums have indeed become quiet, but there is still a hard core of regular members who access the forums and contribute fairly frequently. If you pose a question and it is still not answered after a reasonable period, contact the forum moderator, or the senior moderators, or the administrators, and we will try to help. These individuals have been training in their respective arts for a lengthy period and the archives also contain much information.

Best wishes,

Cady Goldfield
20th January 2017, 22:30
A lot of lurkers read these forums without signing up or logging in, so though the "Golden Age" of internet discussion boards has passed, they are not irrelevant. We have nearly two decades' collection of commentary and information from experts and budo/cultural scholars. The archives alone are a great resource.

Twouch
20th June 2017, 05:21
Hello people, i am new aswell, i am practicing american karate for about two year, hope to enjoy my stay at your community!

Brian Owens
20th June 2017, 23:38
Welcome to E-Budo, Daniel.

One of my karate teachers, Julius Thiry, was from Hungary, though he came to the USA more than 50 years ago.

cxt
21st June 2017, 13:53
Welcome to the forums Twouch.