PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Japan

Yamada
6th March 2017, 03:24
Hello. I am new to this forum and wanted to say hello.

I am Judoka and I am currently 1-kyu and I will challenge for the shodan as soon as possible. I wish to contribute to especially the Judo part of this forum. I lived in Europe many years and I did wrestling, but I decided to move home and now I live back in Japan.

Nice to meet you everyone!!!

Brian Owens
6th March 2017, 03:42
Welcome to E-Budo, Yamada-san.

Yamada
6th March 2017, 05:03
Thank you very much, Brian san!

Cady Goldfield
6th March 2017, 14:19
Welcome to E-Budo! We hope you will find the forum archives and current discussions to be useful and interesting.

cxt
6th March 2017, 19:45
Welcome Yamada!

Raff
7th March 2017, 06:15
Hello Yamada san!!!!!!!

Nice to have you on this board. Where did you live in Europe? I wish I could do exactly as you did, spending several years in the Land of the rising sun.

Looking forward to reading from you.

Very sincerely yours

Yamada
7th March 2017, 08:20
Hello there everyone and thanks for a warm welcome!

Raff: I mainly lived in Scandinavia, Finland, but also Sweden so I speak those languages fairly well. "Väck ej björnen som sover" is a nice proverb indeed. ^^

Yes, it was time to move back home I felt. Got a good job opportunity so I felt that it was a good thing to do, and since I have my family here it actually feels good to be "home".

Thanks!

Raff
7th March 2017, 10:03
Oh nice, I lived and worked in Sweden as well.

Väck ej björnen som sover is a very old swedish proverb and has a lot of wisdom in it.

Two years ago in tokyo, I was out with some friends in Ikebukuro. I was talking in swedish to a Finnish guy. All of a sudden, a Japanese gentlemen came to us and asked "pratar du svenska?"

This was amazing, the Japanese gentleman could actually speak swedish but when I asked him, he had never been there which is even more amazing.

Gambatte!!!!!

Yamada
7th March 2017, 10:38
Nice to hear!

It is always nice to meet people in a far away place who can speak the same language. In Sweden I met mostly Japanese speakers in Stockholm but a fair share of tourists visit Kansai and especially Kyoto when they come here, and on a few occasions I have met Swedes (mostly from Göteborg for some reason haha).

Kul med svensktalare här på forumet. See you around and thanks for the warm welcome!

Raff
7th March 2017, 14:02
Vad trevligt!!!! Jag bodde precis i Göteborg på 90 talet. Jag var språklärare på den tiden.

Happy training Yamada san, I´m sure we will have some very informative information about Budo and Bujutsu.

Very sincerely yours.

Yamada
7th March 2017, 14:26
Tack Raphael san. Skicka ett PM om du känner för att prata mer!

Thank you so much. I really like the atmosphere around here.

Best greetings / Yamada

P Goldsbury
7th March 2017, 22:21
Hello,

I am one of two forum administrators and I have lived in Hiroshima since 1980.

これからもよろしくお願い致します。

Yamada
8th March 2017, 04:22
Hello there Peter san!

That's amazing!

どうもありがとうございます。このサイトから良い情報が沢山得られそうで楽しみです。こちらこそ、どうぞ宜しくお願いいたします。

Anders Pettersson
8th March 2017, 18:53
Welcome Yamada-san

I am the other of two administrators and I live in Sweden, så jag pratar förstås svenska. :)
When I am in Japan I of course often go to the Shorinji Kempo hombu in Tadotsu, Kagawa ken, but I have my teacher in Kyoto, so there is where I have spent most of the time in Japan.

Nice to have you as a member of the forum. 宜しくお願いいたします。

Yamada
11th March 2017, 06:28
Anders san, thank you very much!

I see, are you a Värmlänning then? Hehe. Nice to hear you have personal connections in Japan as well!

How often do you visit Japan? Kyoto is not very far from here.

Anders Pettersson
12th March 2017, 20:17
I see, are you a Värmlänning then?
Yes, sure is, born and raised here.

Nice to hear you have personal connections in Japan as well!

How often do you visit Japan? Kyoto is not very far from here.

It was some time ago now, last time was for my teacher's dojo's 50th anniversary in the summer of 2015, so I spent midsummer in Japan, not the typical Swedish way to celebrate midsummer.
In general I think I am in Japan 1-2 times every two years or so, sometimes it is a bit more often and sometimes there has been some more time between the travels.

Been to Osaka relatively often as well, since it is so close from Kyoto. We also had the World Taikai there in 2013 and in 1993.

/Anders

Grimlock
21st March 2017, 19:46
Welcome here !