PDA

View Full Version : Been Away for a While

New England Budo
27th February 2018, 00:52
Hello all,

After being away from the forums for a few years I am re-activating my membership and will be posting again in the forums. (I used to post as kuma-de).

My name is Jim Prouty from New England area. I have been training in Okinwan Goju Ryu and Shorin Ryu since 1972.

I would be open to discussions on kata history, bunkai, and practical oyo. Feel free to message me.

Gambatte,

Jim

Cady Goldfield
27th February 2018, 01:10
Welcome back! We hope you will be a regular visitor and contributor. There are a number of Okinawan stylists, as well as some Shorin Ryu folks, who lurk here. It would be nice to see some lively conversations again!

New England Budo
27th February 2018, 01:16
Thanks Cady

CEB
27th February 2018, 17:50
Hi Jim,

This Is Ed Boyd from Illinois. I trained under Chinen Sensei for a longtime and am Dave Shaneman's senior student. Started Shotokan in 74. Goju Ryu in 1985 and I'm an old Judo player.

Gambatte Kudasai

cxt
1st March 2018, 19:55
I remember you.

Welcome back!

sumosa
5th March 2018, 04:56
Welcome back. I am a new member here and I signed up some weeks ago. Was hoping for the threads to be more active than what I expected but glad to see it still ain't dead.

Cady Goldfield
6th March 2018, 00:32
We're still breathing! Just need a kick-start now and then.

P Goldsbury
6th March 2018, 01:46
Hello.

I think E-Budo is not alone in suffering the effects of newer phenomena like Facebook, associated with social media. I participate in another forum and this, too, has seen a general decline in active participation. Perhaps the moderators need to take on a more active role of encouraging discussion, rather than simply stepping in to referee or keep order...

chunmonchek
8th October 2018, 23:57
Jim and Ed,

I'm back too, and hope to contribute.

Chris

New England Budo
9th October 2018, 03:12
Hi Chris

Good to hear from you. Keep in touch.

JP

jasperhowald
23rd October 2018, 18:14
Hi Jim!

Great to hear about other Goju practitioners, especially since I've been really interested in collecting and writing up the history of Goju katas! Hope to get a chance to chat with you at some point.