PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Canada

Brandonj
16th September 2018, 17:22
Good Day!

My name is Brandon and I found this site while trying to research Kobudo training equipment. I train in Kobudo in a small town outside of Ottawa Ontario Canada. My dojo is a part of the Okinawa Kobudo Doushi Rensei-kai. I also train in Goju-Ryu Karate at the same dojo.

Looking forward to learning a lot about these fabulous martial arts and to make new friends who share the same interest.

thanks!

Brandon Barnard

P Goldsbury
17th September 2018, 00:12
Hello Brandon,

Welcome to E-Budo. I live here in Hiroshima, Japan, and buy all my training equipment from a small store in Tokyo. I practice aikido and the store is not far from the Hombu. Actually, I prefer the lighter karate-gi to the heavier suits used in Judo.

Best wishes,

Peter Goldsbury

Brandonj
17th September 2018, 12:28
Good Day Sir!

Thank you! I am glad I happened upon this resourceful site!
Our Dojo gets equipment from a store in Ottawa. However I used a set of Shureido Sai's my one Sensei had and wanted set for myself and in my research came across this forum.
I have a friend who is big in Aikido now after teaching and training in Karate for many years. I like chatting with him about the art.
I myself prefer the medium to heavy Gi's. Whenever I attain black belt I think I my treat myself to a good quality Gi.

Thanks for the message! Take care!

Brandon Barnard

cxt
17th September 2018, 20:47
Welcome to the boards!

Cady Goldfield
30th September 2018, 04:24
Welcome to E-Budo!
We have a number of karate-ka here, including from the Okinawan styles, so hopefully you will have many opportunities for interesting discussions.