PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to say hi hate face book so i hope this place is good forum of budo

BudoAikiNinja
22nd December 2018, 23:38
thanks humbly for having me

jasperhowald
23rd December 2018, 18:47
I would say it's a little less of an active community than your average Facebook feed but I like it much better and I find it much more insightful than any other place on the internet. Welcome! Hope you enjoy the community!

Cady Goldfield
23rd December 2018, 23:50
Welcome!
Yes, E-Budo is a Facebook alternative. ;)
Pages like ours were once the mighty rivers of information on the internet, but now we have become quiet backwaters where people paddle when they are tired of the Twitter. Facebook and Instagram torrents. Much slower-paced, but our archives are a treasure trove of material from all across the Japanese martial arts, and our current active members are happy to have conversations on both old and new topics.

BudoAikiNinja
27th December 2018, 21:42
wonderful I do look forward to it

P Goldsbury
31st July 2021, 04:58
Hello. I don't think we hate Facebook. I think E-Budo serves a different function. There is, of course, the messaging function, but when I joined E-Budo was a place for serious discussions and essays on the martial arts. It still has this function, but writing lengthy essays, based on adequate research, takes time and this is a precious commodity that many members do not have.

Anyway, welcome.