PDA

View Full Version : Olympic coverage

OLD_LIFEGUARD
25th June 2000, 15:04
Hi,

I live in the Greater Detroit area and am subscribed to Media One as my digital cable carrier. There is a channel called the IFC(International Film Channel) channel that carries both film, news and some sport events. I was able to watch highlights of a Judo competition from Japan; while my the language was a bit difficult to grasp the action was great.
I would assume that the Japanese news orgs. will be covering the Olympics and Judo fans in the US should be able to catch at least the highlights there.
At this time I don't know the times of the Japanese portion on the IFC but I will look into it.

MarkF
26th June 2000, 11:40
Hi Brian and welcome to E-budo.

It is tough stuff trying to get judo coverage anywhere. The last pretty decent coverage was in the 1972 games. NBC may give it consideration (aren't they nice?), and they do have MSNBC, but who knows? Now, though, with your post, I am going to have to sign up for digital, as well. Even in the sevenites, Mexico was not above stealing signals, and consequently, I saw a whole lot there. Hours on end.

Anyway, thanks for the generous offer of info. Most I have gotten on this comes way of updates from NBC, but hey! Who knows? Miracles happen:D

Thanks!