PDA

View Full Version : Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu Information

Omar Garcia
14th April 2001, 03:10
I received word that an instructor by the name of Brian Jones teaches the art of Tenshin
Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu in the Napa Valley area (Bay Area). Does anybody have any
information on the instructor mentioned, and if he is still teaching.
Thanks,
Omar

Tetsuo
15th April 2001, 18:26
My two Iaido instructors annually go up to Napa to train under Jones Sensei for TSKSR. It still remains unclear to me whether he trains in Sugawara-ha or TSKSR as taught by Otake Sensei, but my shidoshin have told me that he's been trained by both. So, yes he still teaches, but I'm sorry that I can't provide you with any contact information.

Jesse Pelayo

ghp
16th April 2001, 18:57
Omar,

I was very impressed with Jones sensei's students when they performed enbu at my dojo for Hatsugeiko 2000.

My understanding is that Mr. Jones is aligned under Sugawara Tetsutaka sensei.

Here is a brief mention on my webpage http://rudy.bay-ad.com/~guypower/kenshinkan/hatsugeiko_2000.html

Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu Bujutsu

Maria Klein, Tracy Hall, and Alec Wheatley drove all the way from Napa, California, to mesmerize us with their waza. Not only did they present paired sword forms from the Omote-no Tachi and Go-Gyo sets as promised, they also impressed us with a Bo-tai-Tachi set, pitting the sword against a six foot staff.

Regards,
Guy

R. Scherzinger
20th April 2001, 14:45
Omar,

I believe the instructors name is Mark Jones and you can find him at Aikido of Napa.

Guy,
If your liked to this well, Thanks for the lead.

Rem