PDA

View Full Version : New messages disappearing?

Gary Dolce
17th April 2001, 18:11
The last couple of days I have run into a problem seeing new messages in E-budo. The "table of contents" screen indicates that there are new messages in a forum, but when I go to that forum there is nothing new. The "last message" listed in the first screen doesn't show up in the forum. What's going on?

John Lindsey
17th April 2001, 18:39
The problem is possibly related to the fact that I have had to delete some messages from a certain person who likes to spam the forums with his "message" which some how relates to fat martial artists, lumberjacks, or something crazy like that.

When messages are deleted, I have to update the counters to reflect the change. Problem is that when lots of people are logged on (during the day in the USA) it can be a slow process and can slow down their page views as well. Thus, I have to do it at night.

We average between 30 to 60 members logged in during the day, which is a big strain on the server. The only way to reduce the lag time is to go to a dedicated server, but that it very expensive. There are a few other options, but for now it is best to log in at night when traffic is a bit lower.