PDA

View Full Version : what to eat

chris friedman
21st April 2001, 00:23
Can someone tell me what is good to eat before Judo or Brazilian jujitsu class no offense?

MarkF
21st April 2001, 14:16
Whatever you do eat, eat lightly. Salad and pasta are good but don't over do it. Protein should be consumed between class days.

But generally, I eat after class. While I eat something few hours before, don't over do it and stuff yourself. Also, a good course of vitamins, smoothies with lecithin and perhaps a raw egg are good sources.

I've found I have a higher energy level without eating before classes, a light snack shouldn't be too bad. Afterward, plenty of liquids (electrolyte solutions are a must. Pedialytes, actually meant for very young children provide just what you need). It generally makes you feel better even if hurling chunks after a good keiko.

If available, a supplement of Potassium Chloride via an IV catheter can stand you on your toes.:)

Mark

BTW: Of you do try the Pedialytes, get the fruit flavor. The plain is like drinking incredibly sweet sugar water, though Glucose is necessary.

Joseph Svinth
21st April 2001, 21:28
A large Mexican dinner is not good. Did that once, and after the second hundred situps, it became a trifle uncomfortable.

MarkF
22nd April 2001, 10:16
Just "a trifle?" Definitely make sure the Mexican dinner is not in Mexico.:)

I would sometimes go out to dinner with my teacher, and as he always came straight from work to the dojo, he didn't eat until afterwards, but the heaviest meal he ordered was a BLT on toast.

But you wouldn't know that by looking at him. I had dinner at his house once, and it was a giant meal. I don't think his wife knew how to cook for less than fifty people, and I was the guest.

B...urp!

Mark