PDA

View Full Version : Rate those threads!

John Lindsey
24th April 2001, 22:53
One feature we really have yet to see used much is the thread rating option. Anyone can rate a thread, giving it 1 to 5 stars. To rate a thread, open it up and look in the lower right hand corner. That is where you will see the rating option.

By rating a thread, you help me to determine what to keep and eye on, etc. It also is useful in giving feedback to those who have posted.

In the future, we will have a karma hack, in which you can rate members. If someone gets too much bad karma, they might just go "poof" and never be seen again.

Chi
30th July 2001, 14:16
Originally posted by John Lindsey
In the future, we will have a karma hack, in which you can rate members. If someone gets too much bad karma, they might just go "poof" and never be seen again.

Did anything ever come of this? This would be a useful option to flag some of the more disruptive/trolling (ex)members (e.g. Karl Berlin) so long as it is used right (e.g. only members with more than a certain number of posts can do it, to prevent one-post-wonders from getting new accounts and rating Don Cunningham down, as would surely happen :)), and I'd like the other members of this forum to be able to vote others (but please not me! :D) off the e-Budo island if they feels so inclined :D

Regards,

Chris.

Richard Price
30th July 2001, 14:47
Originally posted by John Lindsey

Thus opening the floodgates for people posting under different usernames from different accounts.......and still p*ssing everyone off? Hmmm.