PDA

View Full Version : sub forums and other languages

John Lindsey
27th April 2001, 18:20
As some of you might know, we have the ability to have sub forums with our regular forums. I have not yet taken full advantage of these, but I was considering have such forums for other languages. For instance, in the sword forum, we could have a French, German, Spanish, etc.

This would be a limited expansion, done on a case by case basis. Not all forums would get these right away. It would require a moderator who can communicate in the language to monitor the posts.

Japanese is the default language for budo, but we use English that is what I speak :).

A future feature will be the ability to hide forums that you are not interested in. This would prevent you from being overloaded with forums and allow you to customize your e-budo visits.

Mark Brecht
27th April 2001, 18:41
Originally posted by John Lindsey
A future feature will be the ability to hide forums that you are not interested in. This would prevent you from being overloaded with forums and allow you to customize your e-budo visits.

Huuuhhhh ? ? ?

:up: You are not plannning to make this function avaliable for all the forums....? ? ?

Noooooooo... :cry:

John Lindsey
27th April 2001, 23:39
Well, your rent might go up..it you know what I mean.

Anyhow, I should clarify the sub forum idea. I don't want every forum to have them, but maybe one or two in the Gendai and Koryu catagories. Heck, we should try and have nihongo sub forums too :).

kenshin
1st May 2001, 01:30
Hey, I'm all for Japanese sub forums in the Koryu section. That way those people in Japan can cut out alot of nonsense written by people who know nothing(not describing everyone on e-budo, but quite a few people)