PDA

View Full Version : Reiki

MarkF
29th April 2001, 13:10
While searching for a recent article concerning the "Feldenkrais Method" in the local news paper, this article came up. I thought it may make an interesting subject. It is from the Albuquerque Journal, May, 2000:

http://www.abqjournal.com/use/1use05-09-00.htm

Any opinions on this subject? Any on Moshe Feldenkrais, an early pioneer in exercise for health, and judoka at the Budokwai?

I'll post the article when available. It is only a few days old. I'll even pay the $1.95 for downloading and posting here.:)

Mark

BTW: You can find info on the man at http://www.budokwai.org/past_personalities.htm

Under E--K

Karl Kuhn
30th April 2001, 05:40
What are you looking for as regards the Feldenkrais Method? One of my sempai's is a practitioner and the president of the national Feldenkrais org. We have put his training to good use and our dojo and he is a great resource.

Have you taken an Awareness Through Movement class? It's one of the two modes of the method and good way to get a handle on the work.

Cheers,
Karl

gmanry
10th May 2001, 18:27
I don't know what you are specifically asking.

I have had one experience with Reiki. A colleague returned a favor by giving me a Reiki session. All I can say is that her hands got HOT. If she rubbed anything on her hands, I did not see her do it, I could not smell anything, and I have a very sensitive nose, nor could I detect anything on my skin. Good slight of hand if she used a chemical.

Her hands were not pleasantly warm or anything like that. If felt like two heating pads on medium high. I found it very interesting, it was relaxing and we had a nice conversation about body and energy.

Emily
15th May 2001, 19:08
Originally posted by MarkF
(Reiki Article)

http://www.abqjournal.com/use/1use05-09-00.htm

Any opinions on this subject? Any on Moshe Feldenkrais, an early pioneer in exercise for health, and judoka at the Budokwai?

Mark

Under E--K

My main opinion on Reiki, while I do have my first degree from a friend (who said I was already doing it, gave me an attunement and more info) is that it is a mistake to separate the physical from the "energy body".
In other words I prefer to treat my clients as a whole and let any energy work occur naturally as I manipulate tissues to let them function better.
Lots of folks just aren't going to "get it", and I admit that while I am intrigued by energy work and have had some good sessions, it depends a LOT on the practicioner as to whether a nap would have been just as good.

Feldenkrais is brilliant, no question.
Looking forward to learning more about that!

Jeremy Hulley
20th May 2001, 06:37
I had an introduction to reiki class today. The teacher has been practicing for ten years and seems rather competent. She spent some time on the history; reiki is much more recent than I thought it would be. She also spent time on the degree system. She then led us through a meditation and performed some reiki. It was interesting though not for me. Incidentally the teacher studied Aikido with the same instructors that I started with.

neb
1st June 2001, 06:55
hmm ive heard a thing or two about reiki before, my ex girlfriends dad was a reiki master, i never tried to get classes though, (probably would have goten a discount then though, hmmm)