PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

koshoT
3rd May 2001, 16:05
I would just like to share this with all of you... because I think it important.
This past weekend I was at a Kosho Ryu Kempo Seminar. I am a Kosho practioner and I went up to Lake George for Saturday and Sunday to learn from the top Kosho teachers. The Dojo that I go to at home also shares space with an Aikido and Budikai (don't think I spelled that right) school. Sensei Rick, one of the Aikido teachers at the Dojo I go to also came to the Kosho seminar this weekend. He taught at the seminar and I loved his presentation. Also at the semiar there was a Bau Gua Sifu, and several Budakai and Aikido students. I know many people think that one style of martial art is better than another. So when people go to seminars outside of their art they are usually apprehensive. I woudl just like to say that the Aikido students that I meet were some of the most open minded and freindly individuals that I have encounteded in the martial arts. Sensei Rick also impressed me immensly. At the seminar he wore a white belt the entire time. I think that it is fantastic that a Sensei can stay so humble. Sensie Rick is a very very good teacher, and I do not mean in anyway to say that my art is better than his or anything like that. I just think that it is great that The Aikido and Budikai students, and Sensei could be so open and friendly. By the end of the weekend, it seemed as though we were one big family, and it didn't matter who did what... we were all friends enjoying ourselves.

I am very impressed with the friendlyness of Aikido students and Sensie. I hope that all Aikido practioners are as nice as those that I meet this weekend. Your art is an excellent one, and I am very pleased to have meet the peopel that I did this weekend. So to all of you Aikido people out there, I woudl just liek to say thank you for being so open minded and friendly... keep it up!

Thank you
Tom Berkery