PDA

View Full Version : Note: AJJ Forum house-keeping

Nathan Scott
5th May 2001, 02:27
Hello,

This thread will be updated as required with information pertaining to management of the threads.

As interest in certain threads tapers off, one of two things may happen to it (or in most cases both):

1) The title may be shortened or modified to better reflect the content of the thread, and to enhance the results of anyone performing a search (http://204.95.207.136/vbulletin/search.php?s=) of the forums.

2) New threads that are not overly long, and contain identical/similar topics may be merged (combined) with an existing thread to condense the information and navigation time.

Additionally, "ratings" will be attached to threads that are deemed particularly educational and/or entertaining. The criteria for this is pretty arbitrary, but generally threads that offer important subject matter or have over 600 views will be "rated" to aid in navigation of informational threads.

Readers may notice an inclination towards logical thread names that tend to recur - like "AJJ in wherever" and "aiki v12.1". Any assistance with following this existing convention would be much appreciated!

These updates will be made as time and opportunity presents itself only! :)

So if it appears that a thread or topic is missing, please check here to see if I've done any cleaning. Also, don't forget to check whether there is an existing thread on a topic before posting a new one with the same question. Adding on to an exising thread will push it up to the top of the list anyway.

Hope this service proves to be useful!

Regards,

Nathan Scott
5th May 2001, 02:34
Just merged, edited title names and rated all existing threads from 6/1/2000 (beginning of forum - post crash) to 5/4/2001. Pruned one full page of threads.

I'm afraid there was one casulty, however. The original thread containing comments about Kaze Arashi ryu took one for the team by accident in a fatal merging error (O.K., it was my first time and I blew it). Sorry about that. :(

If you get a minute, it may be worth while to scroll through all three pages of threads and re-familiarize yourself with the topics.

In the future, I don't anticipate much of an impact from occaisonal cleaning, but this time was an overhaul.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Nathan Scott
17th May 2001, 00:26
1) Opened a subforum to organize information and discuss the Daito ryu Seishin Abashiri Dojo/Seishinkai group:

http://204.95.207.136/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=76

2) The thread "Seishin Abashiri Dojo - legitimacy/succession" was moved there, and renamed "General Discussion - legitimacy/succession"

3) The thread "Kondo S. - DR Aikibudo or DR Aikijujutsu?" has been moved to the new DR Seishinkai sub-forum, since it related directly to succession issues.

4) The thread "Statment by Kondo Sensei - Daito ryu" has been moved to the new DR Seishinkai sub-forum, since it related directly to succession issues.

5) The thread "Daito-ryu Tapes? (Seishinkai videos)" has been moved to the new DR Seishinkai sub-forum, since it related directly to the Seishinkai.

Regards,

Ron Tisdale
18th May 2001, 15:03
Nathan,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for all your hard work organizing an seeding this forum. You've done a fantastic job (again). I don't have anything substantial to contribute, but I love reading these threads!

You mentioned the event under planning for Nevada. Do you have any word on the time frame yet? I'd heard about it, but don't know the timing. I hope to go, and maybe to be able to meet you, finally.

Take care,

Ron Tisdale

Justin Campbell
19th May 2001, 00:42
I agree. Thanks for all your hard work, time and effort. You have made this a great forum!

Nathan Scott
22nd May 2001, 02:15
Hey, thanks for the encouragement guys! Much appreciated.

I don't know anything more about the Nevada thing. If you really want to know, you should post it over on the AJ forum, or email Mr. Pranin directly.

I'm sure he'll announce it when he's ready anyway.

Regards,

Nathan Scott
11th October 2001, 01:04
-various thread subjects were edited to enable search functions and integrate better with the format already in place.

1) the thread "Training with Kondo Sensei" was merged with the thread "Return from the Shimbukan and Daito-ryu Training".

2) the thread "hello" was changed to "AJJ in Japan?"

3) the thread "aiki principles" was changed to "aiki v3.5"

4) the thread "Kondo Katsuyuki sensei and Daito-ryu" was merged with "Training with Kondo Sensei"

5) a thread requesting AJJ in Canada was merged with the existing thread "Canadian AJJ - Rengokai, Kidokai etc"

6) the thread "Whats the Difference" as merged with "Aikido & Aikijujutsu"

7) the thread "kumite" was renamed "Randori in Daito ryu?"

All for now!

Nathan Scott
19th March 2002, 02:25
1) merged "Kaze Arashi ryu - still in Japan???" with "Kaze Arashi ryu".

2) merged "Kaze Arashi ryu - not even a Japanese Art?" with "Kaze Arashi ryu".

3) changed "Again, I'm looking for a good dojo in the Chicagoland area" to "AJJ in Illinois?"

4) merged "DR@Aiki Expo-Who's attending?" with "AikiExpo 2002".

5) merged "Ju- and Aikiju- Jutsu" with "Jujutsu and Aikijujutsu"

6) merged "New To this forum!" with "AJJ in New York".

7) merged "AJJ & Jujutsu: differences and similarities?/ Atemi" with "Jujutsu and Aikijujutsu/ Atemi".

8) merged "Please define Aiki" with "aiki v3.5"

9) merged "Daito Ryu in Montreal" with "AJJ in Canada".

10) merged "Saito Ha Daito Ryu" with "Saigo-ha "Daito ryu"/ Shodokai".

11) merged "Daito-ryu Shodokai group" with "Saigo-ha "Daito ryu"/ Shodokai".

Nathan Scott
2nd October 2002, 21:43
*In consideration for the number of requests for dojo locations we get in this forum, I've decided to use the AJJ Archive to consolidate these types of threads*

1) "Sparring against non-aikijujutsu practitioners" thread renamed to "Sparring vs. Kata"

2) "Yachigusa-ryu" thread renamed to "Yachigusa-ryu/ Gary Moro"

3) "Another Daito Ryu School" thread renamed to "DR Daibukan/ Ohgami"

4) "Interesting Picture" thread renamed to "DR Roppokai influence in Indonesia?"

5) "Looking for Kodo Kai in Iwakuni" merged with "AJJ in Japan?" thread

6) " AJJ in Seattle/ AJJ & Jujutsu" renamed to "AJJ in Seattle?"/ thread was split and bottom section merged with the thread

7) "Dojos - NW Dallas" merged with "AJJ in Texas?"

8) "Aikijujutsu in Seattle?" merged with "AJJ in Seattle?"

9) "Training in Toronto??" merged with "AJJ in Canada?"

10) "schools in fort lauderdale" merged with "AJJ in Florida?"

11) "Aikijujutsu in DC area" renamed to "AJJ in Washington DC?"

12) "Aiki in Alabama" renamed to "AJJ in Alabama?"

13) "Looking for dojo in Kyoto?" merged with "AJJ in Japan?"

14) "Australian Aikijujutsu Schools" renamed to "AJJ in Australia?"

15) "Help finding dojo in St Louis area?" renamed to "AJJ in Missouri?"

16) "aiki jujitsu in Boston???" renamed to "AJJ in Massachusetts?"

17) "AJJ and Jujutsu" merged with "Aikido & Aikijujutsu"

18) "Takumakai Study Group NYC" merged with "AJJ in New York?"

19) "Sagawa-ha Daito-ryu II" merged with "Sagawa-ha Daito ryu Aikibujutsu"

20) "Angier's Kenbu Background?" renamed to "Don Angier's Background" and merged with "A Young Don Angier"

21) "Kotaro Yoshida Sensei" and "Kenji Yoshida quote" merged with "Yanagi-Ryu: Yoshida Kenji & Yoshida Kotaro"

22) "Yanagi ryu?" renamed "Yanagi ryu and Daito ryu?"

23) "Aiki Jutsu??" renamed to "David Moore, 10 Dan Grand Master of AJJ??

24) "Aiki & Iai" and "Sword Training" were merged and renamed "Aiki and Swordsmanship"

25) "Was Ueshiba tops?" merged with "What did Ueshiba Morihei really know?"

26) "Seminar" renamed to "Tessen, Jutte & Hojojutsu seminar - Don Angier Soke"

27) "Looking for info on instructor" merged with "AJJ in North Carolina?"

28) "Roppokai invited to demo?" renamed to "Roppokai and Daito ryu"

29) "no yamate here i guess" renamed to "Yamate ryu Aikijujutsu"

30) "Daito-ryu seminar" merged with " Kondo sensei, Daito-ryu seminar in Baltimore MD Oct 19-20"

31) "Do you multi attacker randori?" renamed to "DR Taninzudori/ Aikido Jiyuwaza"

32) "daito-ryu connection?" renamed to "Daito ryu and Togakure ryu?"

33) "Aiki Chop" renamed to "Handshapes in AJJ"

34) "Info on this school?" renamed to "Nihon Goshin Aikido and DR?"

35) "Talk about Tanking" renamed to "Systema & Tanking?"

36) "Announcement" was merged with "Kaze Arashi ryu"

37) "Aiki Expo and Aikijujutsu" was merged with "Aiki Expo 2002 Postscript"

38) "Working in the Fields" was merged with "a dieing art???!!!???" and renamed "Is AJJ a dying art?"

39) "The few and far between" renamed to "What keeps us training?"

40) "Koryu Renmei FYI" renamed to "Announcement: Australian Koryu Bujutsu Federation"

41) "Many Daito ryu?" renamed to "The various DR branches"

42) "Aikijujutsu concept?The Beginning" renamed to "Origins of Aikijujutsu?"

Whew - all for now!

Nathan Scott
27th December 2002, 00:49
1) nuked duplicate Systema seminar announcement

2) forward message and nuked "PAGING Richard Elias" thread

3) renamed "Zen Budokai Aiki Jujitsu" to "Zen Budokai Aikijujitsu/Richard Kim"

4) renamed "Aiki no ogi book" to "Aiki Rentaikai/ Yoshimaru Keisatsu"

5) nuked "Saigo Ha Daito Ryu Jujitsu" since the author found previous discussions in the forum

6) renamed "DRAJJ hits the big screen" to "Film: "Aiki"/ Ole Kingston (Roppokai)"

7) renamed "Daito-ryu dan ranking system" to "Daito ryu ranking criteria"

8) renamed "What is the difference between the different branches?" to "Differences in DR branches/ Kiyama Hayawo (Kodokai)"

9) "Korean aikijujutsu link proven!" merged with "Daito ryu and Korean arts"

10) "Takumakai Shomenuchi" merged with "Daito ryu Aikijujutsu Takumakai"

11) "New article about Hisa sensei" merged with "Daito ryu Aikijujutsu Takumakai"

12) nuked the announcement "Tessen, Jutte & Hojojutsu seminar - Don Angier Soke" since it has already passed.

13) "Takeda ryu Nakamura Ha" and "Takeda ryu aiki no jutsu/ Ichio Oba (Seibuden)" merged under the title "Takeda ryu Aiki no Jutsu/ Ichio Oba (Seibuden) & Nakamura Hisashi (Nakamura-ha)"

14) "'Senso' Ryu?" merged with ""Senso ryu" Aikijutsu/ Theodore Hanulak"

15) "Hakkuho Ryu Aiki Jujutsu" merged with "Hakuhokai Daito ryu/ Okabayashi Shogen"

16) "Kondo sensei, Daito-ryu seminar in Baltimore MD Oct 19-20" merged with "Announcement: Open DR Mainline seminar"

17) renamed "Sagawa-ha Daito ryu Aikibujutsu" to "Seiden Daito ryu Aikibujutsu SoHonbu/ Sagawa Yukiyoshi"

18) "AJJ books" merged with "Supplemental Technical/Technique Manuals"

19) "Another Seminar Has Passed" was merged with "Training with Kondo Katsuyuki Sensei (DR Mainline)"

20) "Don Angier's Background?" merged with "Yanagi ryu Aiki Bugei/ Don Angier"

21) "Dojo in Alabama" was merged with "AJJ in Alabama?" in the archives

22) "Roppokai and Daito ryu" merged with "Daito ryu Aikijujutsu Roppokai"

Nathan Scott
27th June 2003, 01:15
1) renamed "Sokaku challenges" to "Takeda Sokaku - Challenge stories"

2) renamed "Aizu records" to "Aizu historical records/ Daito ryu as a koryu"

3) renamed "Aizu lost all martial traditions?" to "Aizu-han extant bujutsu"

4) merged "Sogawa sites" with "Saigo-ha "Daito ryu"/ Shodokai"

5) renamed "daito ryu have mikkyo teachings?" to "Daito ryu & Esoteric Buddhism (Mikkyo)"

6) renamed "Ohgami students?" to "Daito ryu AJJ Daibukan/ Ohgami Kenkichi" - merged "DR Daibukan/ Ohgami" with this thread.

7) merged "Someone once told me there was no such thing as a Stupid Question..." with "Aikido & Aikijujutsu:

8) merged "If given a choice..." with "Aikido & Aikijujutsu"

9) merged "Takeda Ryu???" with "Takeda ryu Aiki no Jutsu/ Ichio Oba (Seibuden) & Nakamura Hisashi (Nakamura-ha)"

10) merged "Are these by Sagawa?" with "Aiki books (Japanese language)"

11) renamed "New Kondo DVD" to "DVD: "Daito ryu Aikijujutsu", by Kondo Katsuyuki".

12) renamed "aiki ju jitsu waza" to "Discussing aikijujutsu techniques"

13) renamed "branches that teach sojutsu?" to "Daito ryu & Bukiwaza/Emonodori"

14) renamed "Mas Oyama and Yoshida sensei" to "Mas Oyama (Kyokushin Karate) & Yoshida Kotaro"

15) renamed "Announcement" to "Announcement: Yoshida-han Bujutsu"

16) renamed "kashima shinryu and daito ryu connection?" to "Kashima Shin-ryu & Daito ryu"

17) renamed " Supplementary Solo Training" to "Hitori-geiko (solo training)"

18) merged "Kaze Arashi Ryu Jujutsu" with "Kaze Arashi ryu"

19) merged "Daito ryu rengokai" with "Canadian AJJ - Rengokai, Kidokai, Gidokai, etc."

20) renamed "Other forms of aikijujutsu (offshoots of daito ryu)" to "Derivative arts of Daito ryu"

21) merged "Gidokai?" with "Canadian AJJ - Rengokai, Kidokai, Gidokai, etc."

22) renamed "daito ryu for fighting" to "Daito ryu & Oyo-waza (applied techniques)"

23) merged "Daito Ryu and weapons" with "Daito ryu & Bukiwaza/Emonodori"

24) merged "Aizu historical records/ Daito ryu as a koryu" with "Daito ryu - Gendai or Koryu?"

25) merged "Re: daito ryu for fighting" with "Daito ryu & Oyo-waza (applied techniques)"

26) deleted "Requested introduction thread.", since this was a re-direction to an existing thread in the lounge. Added link to intro thread in page 5 of "Daito ryu & Oyo-waza (applied techniques)"

27) renamed "Daitoryu Aikijujutsu Roppokai" to "DR Roppokai authorized US branches"

28) renamed "daito-ryu & tai-chi??" to "Daito ryu and Chinese arts"

29) merged "Aiki - the movie" with "Film: "Aiki"/ Ole Kingston (Roppokai)"