PDA

View Full Version : Hyde Park Demo...

George Hyde
11th May 2001, 15:51
Hi All,

I suspect that most of the BSKF will already be aware of the 'Matsuri' in Hyde Park Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th of May. However, it's worth repeating for any of you who did not make it to Paris and see the Hombu International Display Team do their spectacular stuff - really inspirational!

Here's the details as we understand them at present...

BUDO AREA
Saturday and Sunday 13:45 - 14:45
13:45 - 14:00 - BSKF demonstrations
14:00 - 14:15 - Hombu Display Team demonstrations
14:15 - 14:30 - BSKF kenshi... kihon, kata
14:30 - 14:45 - public participation

MAIN STAGE
Saturday: 16:20 - 16:35
Sunday: 16:50 - 17:05
Hombu Display Team demonstration

ALL BSKF kenshi, friends/family are encouraged to attend and BRING YOUR DO-GI - there'll be plenty for you to see and DO on the day.

In addition to this, you'll be able to see a sneak preview of the demonstrations on GMTV, Thursday 17th May, which is being broadcast from the Japanese gardens at Kew.

Hope to see you all there.

Later

Anders Pettersson
13th June 2001, 07:57
Hi George.

How about you (or any other BSKF kenshi) wrote a repor on how this event went on?

George Hyde
13th June 2001, 10:48
Hi Anders,

I intend to - but I have a million other things to do as well. It will probably go on the BSKF web site.

It was a great event; well supported by kenshi from all over the UK and much appreciated by the general public and other participants. My lasting memory will be of the entire UK Aikido Union posing for their group photograph, with Mizuno Sensei in the middle.

Later,