PDA

View Full Version : Classic Japanese Jujutsu

Bakemono
11th June 2001, 15:32
Hello
I am interested in classical Japanese jujustu. What style should i look for? I live in Sweden and most styles here seem to be invented by the Doju owner...

Jakob Ryngen

tommysella
12th June 2001, 06:13
Hi Jakob!

I know of two styles in Sweden. It's Hontai Yoshin Ryu, and you can find a homepage about it at:

http://www.gakedojo.org/

I also know of a guy that practise Tenjin Shinyo Ryu. He is a student of Kubota and have Shoden Menji in this style (perhaps he have Chuden Menji now?). But because he don't have a teachers licence he can teach you. But perhaps in some years...? when that day comes I will go to Ängelholm :)

Best reagards,

Tommy Selggren
Gävle Judo Club

Fredrik Blom
13th June 2001, 08:48
There is also a couple of Daito-ryu aiki(ju)jutsu styles practised in Sweden. As far as I know there are "sideorders" to the regular training of aikido-schools. Those I know of are located in Stockholm.

As for most styles practised in Sweden being homebrew by the dojo-owner I think it's not completely true, but there are something like 10+ different styles (modern western ju-jutsu styles) that are spread around Sweden. Some more spread than others (i.e. some styles are more or less practised only in one dojo, others in ca. 80 dojos).

Regards,
Fredrik Blom

tommysella
13th June 2001, 10:40
Hi Fredrik!

You don't happen to have found the photos yet....? :)

Regards,
Tommy

Fredrik Blom
13th June 2001, 11:38
Hi Tommy,

No, I haven't, and we are a couple of people interested in them so we are looking...

/Rico