PDA

View Full Version : Deleting posts

Fudoshin
12th June 2001, 22:48
Hello,

I've been having a problem with accidently double-posting (we've been having computer problems/time-outs). After I see the error appear, I attempt to go in and hit edit/delete to delete one of the posts that doubled up. It gives me a message to check the box on the left and the hit the delete key on the right. When I do that, it gives me a error message and says either I am not logged in (which I am), or I am attempting to edit someone else's posts (which I'm not), or I don't have the authority to do it. Is there anyway I can get rid of the double posts, or is there someone I can email to do it for me? I'm sure it's quite annoying to have to see the same post 2 -3 times in a row.

Thank you very much.

Erica Meier

John Lindsey
13th June 2001, 00:53
Members are not allowed to delete posts. You can edit it and remove the text though. The reason for this is that if you delete the first message in the post, the whole message is deleted. The reason for double posting is that you hit the post message again, probably thinking that it didn't work. It is best to wait a bit longer. At some times during the day we are so busy that things can slow down.