PDA

View Full Version : Signature Editor?

Richard Price
14th June 2001, 09:58
I can't alter my Signature. When I click on Sig. Editor I just get a useless Message.

This is distressing me as I am keen to share my intense and interesting personal philosophies with the world just like the other Ebudo members:rolleyes:

John Lindsey
14th June 2001, 13:50
When I click on it, it works. What is the error message?

Richard Price
14th June 2001, 14:14
Hi John,

I click on Edit Profile, then Signature Editor and it just goes to a small bar that says vBulletin Message E-budo.com

Tanya29
14th June 2001, 14:41
The same thing happens to me, but I figured it was because of the firewall at work or something like that.

--Tanya Merchant

Richard Price
14th June 2001, 15:02
If it is that might explain it - I am also operating through firewall. But I can change Avatar etc.

Puzzled

Nathan Scott
15th June 2001, 03:22
Hi,

Well, I couldn't edit my user profile for the longest time, but now that seems to be o.k.

But when I use the new "Signature editor" and save the changes, it ends up deleting my whole signature instead.

Is this a bonus feature that comes with the signature editor, am I "exceeding the number of lines" or something?

It was only a total of 4 lines.

Thanks!

John Lindsey
15th June 2001, 03:29
should be 4 lines. Try 1 instead. I had no problems so far...

Nathan Scott
15th June 2001, 04:03
Hi,

It still doesn't seem to work

Kevin House
8th July 2001, 06:27
It isn't working for me either, tried 1 line 2 lines, 4 lines...etc.. nothing works....used to be a reset cookie thing here didn't there? I m going to try that

Kevin

John Lindsey
9th July 2001, 07:37
Nathan,

I just tried it for your sig, and it worked. If anyone is having any problems, just PM me the text you want for your signature and I will put it in.

Nathan Scott
11th July 2001, 21:47
Hi John,

My sig seems to work now, whatever you did!

Thanks!

Soulend
14th July 2001, 14:13
My sig doesn't work either. I can type it in the sig. editor, preview it..all is well. Save changes. However when I post (ensuring the include signature block is checked, of course), the sig does not appear.:(

Soulend
14th July 2001, 14:23
Please ignore my previous post, as a prudent individual would with any of my posts. Seems that if I preview the signature first (before saving) it doesn't save. If I just say 'typos be damned!' and simply save it works. Now we can go back to talking about beer and single-malt scotch. :D