PDA

View Full Version : Oyata Footage?

StevenP
20th June 2001, 13:57
HI!

Does anyone have video footage of "Taika" Oyata that they'd be willing to trade or sell? I'd love it!

Thanks for your time! Peace.

kusanku
20th June 2001, 21:41
Hi, I believe the official distributor for Taika Oyata's instructional Book/Videos is Mike Minor at www.ryushu.com hope I got that right.

You can buy all you want from there. Worth it, too.

Regards,

StevenP
20th June 2001, 21:45
Thanks. But I'm hoping to get some second hand so as to lessen the cost. I'm not looking for any illegal copies, though.

StevenP
21st June 2001, 04:00
Thank you for the advice. I will exercise caution. While I know that bootlegged copies are illegal, it is not illegal to purchase used originals or to trade them. It is only illegal to duplicate them and sell/purchase them. I only want to do the former.

As for learning from him, I have the utmost respect for him and his style but am more interested in seeing it right now than participating in it. If I did want to learn it I certainly would seek out a qualified instructor, buy a cot, and move into the dojo.

Thanks again. As I said, I will be cautious.

JosephBlow
22nd June 2001, 09:14
StevenP,

I don't know where you are in New York, but there are teachers affiliated with Oyata Sensei both on Long Island and just across the GW Bridge in Teaneck, NJ. I met them both, one of them only briefly. Both seemed like nice guys and I attend a couple of classes with one of them. If you're worried about cost, then I recommend stopping by. Maybe you'll find a place to put your cot after all.

Regards.

StevenP
22nd June 2001, 13:35
... it is not a cost issue. I'm familiar with both of the instructors in NY and have no doubts that they are of the highest quality. Right now I am involved in other arts but do want to see Mr. Oyata in action, so to speak. Thank you again, though. I'm still just seeking some tapes.