PDA

View Full Version : Bugei Trading Co.

Uranium235
26th June 2001, 16:14
Hello:

I am curious if anyone here has purchased weapons from the Bugei Trading Co? Do any of you have praise or complains about the quality or durability of their products?

Any comments are appreciated.

Walker
26th June 2001, 18:10
Bugei tends to fall on the practical side of martial arts suppliers. They cut, test, and use their items. Most , if not all, of their offerings are meant to be used in their intended manner - not for show.

Enfield
26th June 2001, 21:58
Originally posted by Walker
Most , if not all, of their offerings are meant to be used in their intended manner.

Wouldn't everything fall into this catagory? :p

Billy
28th June 2001, 09:38
First, I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with the guys at Bugei. The company is owned and opperated by martial artists who take their training very seriously.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of katana on the market today are only cheep imitations which will fail (including snapping in two) when used for anything other than display; I am speaking of the stainless steel toys.

While all of the Paul Chen blades hold up pretty well to the rigors of tameshigiri, the ones Bugei sells are - by special arrangement - made to Bugei's specifications which explains the higher prices. (As a plug for a friend, if you don't want to pay for the extra quality, check with Clyde Hollis at Imperial Weapons for the regular Chen products) -Hope it helps.

Billy Shearer
Bujinkan Zenka Dojo

mikes
16th July 2001, 20:43
I have a Bugei Bamboo Katana. I am quite happy with it. I would recommend them.