PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Kodokan dojo

CReynolds
28th June 2001, 17:16
Due to circumstances beyond my control, my sensei has been "transfered" to another area of the country by Kodokan. :( Thus I am without guidance. Does anyone know of a Kodokan dojo in the Philadelphia area?

Also: I may have a job opportunity in either San Diego or Miami within the next 6 months. I will be visiting both cities in the near future and if anyone make a similar recommendation for those two cities, it would be appreciated.

Coley

Don Cunningham
28th June 2001, 22:57
You can't swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting a good judo dojo in south Florida. There's lots of them down there.

MarkF
29th June 2001, 08:43
Welcome to e-budo!

Here is one way of finding a dojo. Go to http://www.google.com and enter Kodokan Judo Philadelphia. A few hits may be for Mississippi, but most will be in Penn. I would bet on twenty pages of hits.

Or, you could call any of the local YMCAs or parks/rec., community colleges, and universities.

If it is a purely judo club, I'd bet on the judo and the instruction to be in Kodokan Judo. "If it is judo. it's Kodokan, and if it is Kodokan, it's judo."

Mark