PDA

View Full Version : am I the only one who reeeeealy doesn't like Bobby Flay?

Nick
30th June 2001, 03:50
I first developed my distaste for him in the NY battle on Iron Chef, with my feelings reassured in the rematch... I actually watched one of his TV shows once, and he had a bunch of people doing everything for him --"you stir this, you grill this, I'll sit here and smile" was the impression I got. Does anyone else dislike this guy and his arrogance?

Margaret Lo
2nd July 2001, 17:47
Originally posted by Nick
I first developed my distaste for him in the NY battle on Iron Chef, with my feelings reassured in the rematch... I actually watched one of his TV shows once, and he had a bunch of people doing everything for him --"you stir this, you grill this, I'll sit here and smile" was the impression I got. Does anyone else dislike this guy and his arrogance?

For sure you are not alone! I despise him big time. He was handed the second match with Morimoto so that they can have a third contest to big ratings.

All of Flay's dishes during the re,atch were exactly the same! Meanwhile Morimoto did dishes that were head and shoulders above what Flay had to offer.

Can't stand him.
:redhot:

M

thomrockwell
3rd July 2001, 00:52
Okay, so I've been reading E-Budo about as long as it's been up, and I've never posted before. How ironic that I should finally post in a food forum. :)
But, yes, I too hate Bobby Flay. And it's because of his completely poor behavior during the battle with Masaharu Morimoto.
The way he was whining and crying like a little baby, made me wish the Iron Chef would have thrown one of his precious knives at Bobby and knocked him off the counter.
After that, I knew I couldn't stand him. Not to mention that his program sucks and he's annoying to watch. They ought to take away his show and give the Iron Chef Japanese his own show. They could call it "Cooking Neo-Japanese Style".

Thom Rockwell

Jon Rowland
11th July 2001, 22:38
You are darn tooting that Flay is a arrogant boob.:burnup: I saw both matches and boy we, my wife and I, were livid.:redhot: We refuse to watch his show because of his arrogance and his general lack of humility.

GO Morimoto but even better Go Chen, I like him a little better.

:D

Margaret Lo
12th July 2001, 15:41
Yes Chen is also great. I mean any chef who manages to successfully use sea urchin in Szechuan cooking deserves applause. Then there was the yogurt battle!! Szechuan is land locked for one and devoid of milk products as well - those battles really revealed his tremendous creativity.

M

Nick
14th July 2001, 18:26
Originally posted by Jon Rowland
We refuse to watch his show because of his arrogance and his general lack of humility.

I watched one of his shows once... not very impressive... basically him sitting there grinning at the camera and telling his "assistants" what to do... he did pretty much nothing... all "you stir this, you grill this, make this sauce" while he just kinda stood there and bantered with them.

BORING!!!!

Nick