PDA

View Full Version : Tim Burton (E-Budo Member)

MarkF
2nd July 2001, 06:55
Dear Friends,
It is with sadness I must announce the passing of Tim Burton, a great contributor to E-budo. Do a search on his name, as his posts almost always grabbed a crowd to view and respond to them. Most of us knew him through this Bulletin Board, but I believe most are saddened by this. The message from another contributor reads as follows:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2001 3:48 PM
To: m_feigenbaum@msn.com
Subject: Tim Burton

Mark,

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you of the death of Tim Burton.
Tim was killed in a car crash on Friday 29th June 2001.
(He was on duty at the time but I have no other details at the moment)

Would you please pass this information on to all his E Budo friends.
Stephen Sweetlove

He was a police officer in Great Britain.

Mark

John Lindsey
2nd July 2001, 07:38
Mark,

I find it very hard to write what I am feeling right now. I just went thru and read his posts again. This is very sad. Does he have a wife or children? If so, maybe we can ask our members to pitch in via a PayPal account to give back a little of what he left here.

MarkF
2nd July 2001, 09:26
John,
I will write Stephen and ask him about it. They knew each other, but lived in different areas, but they attended the same taiho jutsu tournaments.

Thanks for a really good idea. I will contact Stephen. I considered him (Tim) to be a friend here.

Mark

Bambi
2nd July 2001, 09:41
This is truly sad news, I always found Mr Burtons contribution to be of great value. E-Budo is a poorer place with his loss.

My thought's are with his family and collegues. I hope something comes of the the pay pal idea.

Le meas.

George Ledyard
2nd July 2001, 09:44
I was shocked to read this post. We had a number of great exchanges about Aikido and law enforcement. I am truely sorry to hear of this accident.

MarkF
4th July 2001, 10:02
Here is an update on Tim Burton's passing, from Stephen Sweetlove.

Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Tim will be buried on Monday 9th July 2001.
The funeral service will be with full police honours.
In the UK when a police officer dies on duty his family is well taken care of by the police service. (Tim was married with children). Tim was a Detective Sergeant working for the National Crime Squad.

The British Taiho Jutsu Association will be represented at the funeral and are sending a specially made reef with the Taiho Jutsu logo on it.
I can understand that e budo members would like to send donations but I think a better idea would be to send a letter of condolence on behalf of e budo. This would be read at his funeral. (You could send it via e mail to me and I will make sure it gets to the family)

Stephen

Those who wish to send condolences to Tim's family can use this email: kurashuk@yahoo.ie

Failing that, please send them to me and I will pass them on to the correct people, IE, Stephen.

m_feigenbaum@msn.com

MarkF
4th July 2001, 10:12
Here is an update on Tim Burton's passing, from Stephen Sweetlove.

Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Tim will be buried on Monday 9th July 2001.
The funeral service will be with full police honours.
In the UK when a police officer dies on duty his family is well taken care of by the police service. (Tim was married with children). Tim was a Detective Sergeant working for the National Crime Squad.

The British Taiho Jutsu Association will be represented at the funeral and are sending a specially made reef with the Taiho Jutsu logo on it.
I can understand that e budo members would like to send donations but I think a better idea would be to send a letter of condolence on behalf of e budo. This would be read at his funeral. (You could send it via e mail to me and I will make sure it gets to the family)

Stephen

A letter is being written to express all of our feelings. As in the letter above, it will be read at the services for Tim.

Mark

Greg Jennings
4th July 2001, 17:14
This is so sad. Tim always sounded like he had a good head on his shoulders. Like a straight-up kind of guy.

Life is so random. The best, most deserving people are sometimes dealt the worst hand.

Condolences,

Mike Collins
5th July 2001, 17:28
The very act of becoming a Policeman is an act of selflessness. No one ever became a Cop for the Glory (well maybe some did, but either they reevaluated that position or left shortly after starting, I think). They sure don't do it for the big money.

In it's own way being a cop is an act of Budo in it's highest sense.

To give ones life in the line of duty is the ultimate act of selflessness, regardless of the circumstances. And it is my belief that heaven holds a place for the ones who do it.

God Bless, Tim. You and your family are in my prayers.

R Erman
6th July 2001, 03:24
This came as an unexpected blow. Tim always seemed to be an archetype of what a good e-budo member should/could be. He asked for input to better his own knowledge and gave what info he knew willingly. He will be missed.

I was surprised at the depth of my own shock in Tim's passing. It really goes to show that although we may never meet many of those we converse with here face to face, we truly are something of an extended family. All of the flames and squables aside, we should be thankful that we have this media to communicate and learn from so many devout practitioners of budo.

My Condolences to Mr Burton's family.

M Clarke
6th July 2001, 04:01
I remember posts from Tim, as well. He was very kind, and sincere in offering advise and sharing experience with the memebers here. I am sure this was true of his personal life as well. This is very sad news. Please let me add my condolences as well.

kusanku
6th July 2001, 06:53
Prayers and condolences.Another true man down.God bless him and his.

Chad Bruttomesso
6th July 2001, 16:47
Tim seemed to always have something constructive to add to the discussions. His posts were consistently of high quality and quite informative. I will really miss his participation here on E-Budo.

My deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends.

Sincerely,

Sam
6th July 2001, 17:29
I cannot express the sadness I felt reading this thread. Mr. Burton was a truely nice person.

My deepest sympathies also go out to his family and friends

Jeffrey Goodwin
26th July 2006, 00:12
I have only just browsed onto this portion of the site. Tim Burton was my Sensei and my friend. Here's a picture of him.

X_plosion
26th July 2006, 13:02
How unfortunate that he passed away in the car crash.
May Mr. Burton Rest In Peace.

MarkF
30th July 2006, 11:12
Jeffrey,

Thank you so much for the photo. I had not actually seen a picture of Tim. What a great reason to bump a dated thread. I really appreciated Tim and we did have some great conversations per this board and e-mail.

I've lost my teacher who I also considered a friend. It is difficult to get through so you have my synpathy but mostly empathy.

It is also a nice picture.

Best Regards,

Mark