PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Kits

Robert Wolfe
31st July 2001, 13:14
What do you stock in your dojo first aid kit? Do you know of a commercially available kit that is particularly well suited to use in the dojo, or have you developed your own kit and proven its utility over time?

Recommendations from active EMTs appreciated!

Mark Brecht
31st July 2001, 13:44
Just want to share this one, as one might not expect it...

MA dojo quit often become victims of burglary and vandalism. I had to unfortunately see this several times at places I trained at.

One time pretty much all the weapons at the dojo were taken, however the thieves left a brandnew VCR and an older TV untouched... About a week later a kid had a booboo (spell?) during class, as I could not find the first aid kit (where I hoped to find a Disney bandage or something...), I called my instructor at home to figure out where it was... I was informat that the thieves had also taken it... GO FIGURE... I just sincerely hope that they hurt themselves right away when they dragged the weapons away... :up:

Aaron Fields
31st July 2001, 21:24
I use a store large bought first aid kit. I have added extra prewrap, tape, and ice. Never forget gloves, gloves, and more gloves. Eyeshields are not a bad idea either, but are not really required. Mat cleaning solution and a roll of paper towels (shop type) are needed.
For the most part if someone is really seriously hurt (even if you think it might be serious) leave it to the pros. I have seen several "I thought...." and "on ER....." home jobs that we have to clean up. A first aid class for several dojo members is a real good idea.