PDA

View Full Version : Juji_Gatame

eVil_daRuma
10th August 2001, 03:40
Hi all,

to those who use Juji as their fav sub technique, how do you prefer to spin into it? I usually attack from the top and do a quasi Neil A. type spin into it, but Im wondering what other people like to do as an entrance into Juji???

side mounts? from the bottom? top? whatever Id like to see what kind of variety is out there! :karatekid

MarkF
10th August 2001, 08:09
Hey, eVil,
Welcome to E-budo and especially to the E-budo Judo forum:wave:

Is that your real name? I know perhaps two people with the name Eval, but not eVil.

Anyway, if it is your real name, everything is fine, but in case it isn't, we have rule here which says everyone must sign posts with one's real name. There are a few reasons for this, but mainly, people do like to know with whom they are trading info instead of a (mostly) generic nickname behind a keyboard.

The other reason is that it is a house rule. You can access your signature editor by going to the top of any page and click on "change Profile" which will take you to a host of all sorts of personal likes and dislikes.

Do to my lack of height (or in this case, horizontal length), I found the most effective manner for me would be from the guard position. Not that I got that many opportunities, but that is where It felt most comfortable and effective. Since I was 'wrestled' to the ground many times, it was sometimes my only way of getting it on.

Anyone else have a description/opinion on this much varied arm lock?

Mark

jimmy o'curry
10th August 2001, 22:57
i like to get the lock from the "guard'; with one hand pulling down on the back of his neck to keep him close as i begin . . .

i often end up in the facedown final position, but get the lock.

from the top, i use juji in combo with a short-arm scissor.

jeff slade

rsamurai2
21st August 2001, 22:30
i do it from the guard. with my left hand a grab/trap ukes rt hand(same side grab) with my rt hand i shoot it down the side of my body hooking uke'sleft leg behind the knee. i pull the knee towards me rotating myself perpindicular to his front (my chin points towards his left ear)i release my left leg from his side at the same time i rotate to my rt. and hook my lt leg around ukes neck while still holdoing his rt arm with my left arm, i than push his head with my lt leg towards the ground and puill his rt arm into juji gatame. i hope you can picture this in your mind like i can in mine. its one of those thing easier shown than written.

MarkF
22nd August 2001, 10:41
It's almost impossible to see as others "see," but that is one of the better descriptions from that perspective.

Sometimes, though, such comments can help. I've tried a nmber of techniques, or changes/variations, with help on e-budo and the Internet.

Mark

jimmy o'curry
25th August 2001, 03:52
interesting how much utility juji has had in nhb/mma . . .

really a versatile tech.

jeff slade

converted judoka
26th August 2001, 01:42
In the Gracie advanced series tape 3 to be exact, Royce Gracie teaches many variations of going in to Juji. I highly recomend this tape to any Juji gatame fans out there. Its my favorite technique!

Henry Infante
Seidokan Jujutsu