PDA

View Full Version : kanji for a name?

Nick
21st August 2001, 23:39
Hey all... I need the kanji for the name Yoshioka Akimitsu... Yoshioka as in the name of the Minamoto retainer, and whatever the kanji for akimitsu is for... I don't have japanese text support on here, so could you put it in some kind of image format? Thanks!!

Nick

matthew kelly
22nd August 2001, 06:31
this is one of two i found for yoshioka...

matthew kelly
22nd August 2001, 06:34
the only akimitsu i could find was listed as a surname... and this is the kanji for it. the rest i found were actually location names. hm. :confused:

Nick
23rd August 2001, 19:33
According to Jeffrey's online dictionary http://enterprise.dsi.crc.ca/cgi-bin/j-e/dict.html?SASE=/cgi-bin/j-e/nocolor/dict.html , the kanji you supplied is given as "a name, not yet shown as surname or given name"... thank you for your help!

Nick

Jeff Hamacher
29th August 2001, 06:22
Originally posted by Nick
Hey all... I need the kanji for the name Yoshioka Akimitsu...
unless you're tracking down the characters for a specific person's name, you're taking a shot in the dark. especially with given names but also with family names the japanese are pretty clever with their mixin' an' matchin'. last i heard there are some 300,000 family names registered in this country so you can pretty much rest assured that you'll have plenty of characters to choose from.