PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Seattle/ Washington state e-budo-ka.

Steve Williams
25th August 2001, 13:31
Will be travelling to Seattle/ Washington state for a couple of weeks on tuesday.

What local food drink should we be looking to try (me and the wife), and by the way.... we will eat almost anything at least once :)

As we are going on tuesday and it is now saturday I woiuld appreciate quick replies ( I know I should have started this thread a couple of weeks ago). :o

Jason Chambers
25th August 2001, 15:06
CHARLIE CHAN'S in Tacoma has THE BEST Chinese I have ever had...

Located in the Lakewood area of Tacoma near the Lakewood Mall.

P.S. The mess halls at MAMC and McChord aren't that bad either, if you like that sort of motif'... :D

Mark Brecht
25th August 2001, 16:12
hooters.com (http://www.hooters.com/)

:p They got one in Seattle... A bit of American culture you should not miss out on...

Steve Williams
26th August 2001, 17:43
Thanks guys.....

Don't think the wife would like hooters much (pity I can't ditch her for a few hours :D ;)

Thanks to Joe for the mail, tried to reply but got bounced back (problem with my mail server I think :( )
Thanks for the training offer but I can hear the wife now "WE ARE ON HOLIDAY"...... Mind you the Neil Yamamoto training regime sound good (even the wife may go for that one)......

Keep the ideas coming, I still have tomorrow to log-on and check :D

Dave Lowry
27th August 2001, 13:07
Dear Mr. Williams,
If you are near the International District, Fuji Sushi is a must try.

If you are out in the northern suburbs by any chance, around Redmond, Kikuya is one of the best Japanese restaurants in the country. Incredible food, huge portions--try the makunouchi special--and very reasonable prices. You may have to stand on line for a while but well worth it.

Cordially,

IchiRiKen1
28th August 2001, 01:36
This restaurant is down on the pier area and is a MUST SEE, MUST EAT for anyone in the SEATAC area...

It is a clam bake kind of restaurant serving clams, crab cakes, crab legs, etc.

They bring your food (you choose not so much WHAT you eat, but how much!) to the table in a bucket, pour it out on the butcher paper covered table, place the bucket on the floor, and then give you a mallet to crack shells with. Shells and other castaway items are tossed carelessly into the bucket or onto the floor!

Can't speak for anyone else, really, but I love the place!!!

yamamatsuryu
1st November 2001, 03:17
Hmm,
I guess this is what I get for missing staff meetings :smash:
Although this is kinda late (Sorry), I'll post for future reference.
Even though I live in Washington, I only get to the west-side of the mountains about twice a year. Every time I go, I make it a point to do two things:
1) Get Ivar's infamous clam chowder (Yummi)
2) Pike's market for fresh crab (C&C) to snack on during the three-hour trip home.

Jared Albrecht
Yamamatsu-Ryu