PDA

View Full Version : Signature

Flo-Ryu-AN
26th August 2001, 19:02
I wanted to write my signature at Edit Profile->Signature Editor

but when i clicked at Signature Editor there was just a window with "vBulletin Message E-Budo.com" in it.

Mark Brecht told me that more members had this problem...

So, how can i enter my Signature???

MarkF
27th August 2001, 06:32
BTW: Flo, try the following link, if you haven't already visited. A member posted what seems to fix most bugs when using the sig. editor:

http://204.95.207.136/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=7571

Mark

Flo-Ryu-AN
27th August 2001, 15:22
Well, I know now how I could enter my Signature BUT I cannot enter the signature editor-> There is no space where I could enter my signature!

If I enter the signature editor there is written:

vBulletin Message
E-Budo.com

AND NOTHINGE ELSE! There ainīt no space to enter a signature.

Flo-Ryu-AN
27th August 2001, 15:24
Oh,

and Iīm sorry... I broke your rules again!!!!

Here my full "signature"

Hoppenthaler Florian

I hope thatīs OK now...

Kit LeBlanc
5th September 2001, 03:21
Testing Signature block....

Kit LeBlanc
5th September 2001, 03:25
Woo Hoo!!!

or in Chinese

Wu Hu!!!

Kit

Son of Thunder
18th September 2001, 17:26
Originally posted by MarkF
BTW: Flo, try the following link, if you haven't already visited. A member posted what seems to fix most bugs when using the sig. editor:

http://204.95.207.136/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=7571

Mark

I tried that. Nothing happened. I just got that vBulletin message. And for some reason the smilies in my signature aren't working. :mad:

Sean T. Fourkiller
29th September 2001, 17:11
Originally posted by Son of Thunder

I tried that. Nothing happened. I just got that vBulletin message. And for some reason the smilies in my signature aren't working. :mad:

Ok, smilies for signatures are turned off......however if you must have the little ninjas in your sig, try using some vB code:

NOTE: Substitute SQUARE([]) brackets for the curved({}) ones in the example

{img} http://204.95.207.136/vbulletin/images/smilies/ninja.gif{/img}Your name here{img}http://204.95.207.136/vbulletin/images/smilies/ninja.gif{/img}

That will put those ninjas on your sig.....

Still Warrior
2nd October 2001, 12:02
Hi Guys,

I was not able to create signature either. Having the same problem and these explained instructions above did not help at all :cry: what can I do??

Thanks

Eva

MarkF
3rd October 2001, 09:01
Hi, Eva,
If you are not able to get into the sig. editor box at all, it's a glitch, and lately a pretty common one.

The way to temporarilly get around it, is to sign your full name to each post. If you post more than once in a thread, don't worry about signing if you forget. The reason for the rule is that folks are more than willing to answer or ask questions, comiserate with you if you have a name instead of the nick name.

I believe this web site compared to many others, is better because of that rule, but usually a more senior member will ask your name if you don't include it.

In other words, don't worry about it too much.

If you are getting the signature box, but it isn't saving your signature, try without previewing it first. The admin. of this site has had modem problems as of late but he knows about this one and will correct it as soon as he can.

Mark

BTW: Welcome!

Still Warrior
3rd October 2001, 11:50
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the advice, I'll forget about it, but now I just put in some formal one ;)

And thank you for welcoming :) Many of you are already familiar to me from ninpo-l, but there are still new faces.
Time and some bruises will solve this tho :D

Regards,

Eva

Eva Barbara Bodogan
Budapest - Hungary

Jari Virta
11th October 2001, 10:37
I can't get to the signature editor either. Just the almost empty page and nothing to edit my signature with. :cry:

John Lindsey
11th October 2001, 12:35
There is a bug with the sig editor for some people it seems. If you are having a problem, just send me a PM with the Text that you want to use and I will set it up from my end.

Jari Virta
15th October 2001, 13:38
Originally posted by John Lindsey
There is a bug with the sig editor for some people it seems. If you are having a problem, just send me a PM with the Text that you want to use and I will set it up from my end.

Sir, I sent you PM about this asking you to set my signature up. You kindly made it so and it even worked for a post or two.

Now it isn't working anymore! Buuhuuaaaa.... :cry:

(I do check the box labelled "Show Signature" with no effect)

John Lindsey
15th October 2001, 15:23
Jari, did you go in and try to edit the sig or anything? That might have done it. Let me look into this later tonight.

Jari Virta
16th October 2001, 07:22
Jari, did you go in and try to edit the sig or anything? That might have done it. Let me look into this later tonight.

Nope. I was happy with the sig. And I haven't been able to go to the editor in the past so why would I've tried now? I didn't even notice it at once. Just suddenly I realized that none of my latest posts had the sig.

John Lindsey
16th October 2001, 12:44
Fixed again :).

Jari Virta
16th October 2001, 12:59
Fixed again :).

Thanks. :kiss: :laugh:

kenshorin
17th October 2001, 17:53
Testing my sig... don't mind me