PDA

View Full Version : Go night

burp
12th September 2001, 06:59
Howdy,

Anyone interested in a weekly / bi-monthly / monthly Go night on one of the servers?

Any server would work ... kiseido has awesome game review capabilities and distinct rooms that can be set up for meeting in (an e-budo room could be set up). IGS type servers (IGS, NNGS, WING) have channels for conversing and alot of playing opportunities for everyone to watch.

Those whose interest is sparked on e-budo could join in to learn how to play with the advantage of knowing who their opponent is.

Respond to the poll and post any comments to the forum.

Enjoy!

mikehansen

Vincent Sanford
14th September 2001, 11:28
I think it would be great. I would like to see how everything works out with it and looking forward to "GO"ing. Anyone a member of American GO Association?
Vincent Sanford

burp
16th September 2001, 07:12
Howdy Vincent!

I'm curious how many of us are members of the AGA. Years ago, I considered membership, but there aren't really any clubs around here (Utah) ... so I figured there wasn't any reason to join other than for ranking reasons.

Do you play on any of the servers? If so, which server would you prefer for a Go night? If not, then this could help introduce you to playing online! ;)

Enjoy!

mikehansen

Vincent Sanford
16th September 2001, 08:50
Hey There Mike,
I am a member but I have yet to attend a group gathering because the meetings are on the other side of the city. I joined to become more informed about the game. I only play a computer game now, but would love to start playing humans. I have yet to try a server. Been to one once, but didn't jump in. Looking forward,
Vincent Sanford
:toast:

bkalafut
8th October 2001, 00:27
I'm new to the forums and an AGA member. A Go night on KGS sounds like a good idea.

-Ben Kalafut

burp
9th October 2001, 05:16
Howdy,

Well, it looks like we should have an E-budo Go night.

I'm thinking of once a week. As far as servers are concerned, maybe we should start with KGS and maybe an IGS type server (alternate weeks or something). This way everyone can become familiar with the different kind of servers. Almost all of the servers have rooms or channels that can house us E-budo folk.

I'm also thinking of Thursday nights. I would plan on being on the designated server for a couple of hours.

Of course, everyone is welcome. Should anyone need ANY help whatsoever with the servers or clients (even KGS has a client - very easy to deal with though), please post and one of us will walk you through it.

Any comments?

mikehansen

burp
9th October 2001, 05:20
Welcome Ben,

It's good to have you on E-budo!

Enjoy!

mikehansen

Nick
9th October 2001, 20:33
Wednesday would work better for me... I have aikido thursdays :)

Nick

burp
10th October 2001, 03:08
Howdy,

Wednesdays might work for me. Anyone else have a preferred night?

I live in the Mountain Standard Time zone, so by the time I get on the server it may be a little later than you folks out east would expect. Maybe whoever gets on the server first can designate the E-budo room or channel.

Enjoy!

mikehansen

bkalafut
12th October 2001, 03:44
Wednesdays I run a late Judo practice (and the local go club meets), Thursdays are better, perhaps there can be alternation. How late do we expect this to run?

-Ben Kalafut

burp
17th October 2001, 02:42
Howdy!

We'll make October 16, 2001 our first E-budo go night. I'll be on starting around 6:30 pm Mountain Standard Time for a few hours. I'm not sure what that time would be in everyone's time zone around the world.

Let's start with the KGS go server. It is a Java based server and should be easy enough to access for everyone. At times, I have difficulty by getting disconnected (I play out of my web browser), so be patient if you don't see me there. I'll set up an E-budo room. So, just go to that room and we can all chat and play go. If someone gets there before me, then go ahead and set up the e-budo room. I'm "burp" on KGS.

KGS go server is accessed here -

http://kgs.kiseido.com/

Check out the FAQs and help files, if this is your first time there.

Should anyone have any problems, I'll be checking with the www.e-budo.com Go forum periodically to hopefully answer any questions.

Enjoy!

mikehansen