PDA

View Full Version : naginata-"bokken"????

Flo-Ryu-AN
15th September 2001, 15:52
Iīm looking for a naginata-"bokken" (I donīt know how itīs called!). Iīve seen one on some pictures in the internet but I donīt know where I can get one...

Iīm also still looking for a kamishimo cheaper than about 200$ an for these old big straw-hats japanese farmers worn.

Thanks

Florian Hoppenthaler

Sgathak
15th September 2001, 19:16
www.Bugei.com sells the Bo-Naginata your looking for, in 6-7-8 ft length.

They are solid hickory, not the type of naginata used in Naginata-do matches (ie, with the "shinai" blade)

At least they USED to sell these... I dont honestly know anymore, the last catalog they sent me is from 95 beleive it or not and the catalog on their website isnt updated all that often. But if they no longer sell it they might know where to get one for you, or a specific person you should talk to.

Enfield
15th September 2001, 21:55
I would think that most any place that can get "normal" bokuto from Japan could get naginata bokuto as well, as they are used in atarashii naginata for kata geiko. As their isn't much demand for naginatagu outside Japan, most English websites and catalogs arn't going to list them, so just call or e-mail and shop around that way. Also, I would assume that the USNF could point you to a dealer. Mr. Scott?

matthew kelly
16th September 2001, 02:13
a great selection of hand-made weapons can be found here:

http://www.concentric.net/~Bukico/dojoweb3.htm

hope this is what you're seeking. :)

Billy
17th September 2001, 08:33
Check with Ed Martin at: http://northampton1.com/Dojo/Dojo/New%20Equip.htm

The naginata (as well as yari) bokken are not advertised on his site but are available by special order (which only sounds expensive). Each bokken is 8' long, crafted out of one piece of hard wood, and reasonably priced at about $50 (plus shipping). They are a little crude, but still *great* training tools. -Hope it helps.

Billy Shearer
Bujinkan Zenka Dojo

HanashiBugeisha
21st September 2001, 06:46
You can also get what your are looking for from Kiyota Co. in Baltimore. They do not have a website...but they have very high quality items.