PDA

View Full Version : Workout/Nutrition book reccomendations

Watson
15th September 2001, 20:49
Hello, long time reader, first time poster. I was wondering if anyone out there had any reccomendations for books that outline a good, proven system for all around fitness, including cardio, flexibility, nutrition and strength training.

I've heard good things about the Body for Life program, but I would prefer something that had more of a Martial Arts focus.

I'm not out of shape, but I'm not in shape either. I'm 20, 5'9" and 160lbs. My goal is to have marked improvements in strength, endurance and flexability by Winter when I plan to start Aikido training.

-Justin Watson

Rob Alvelais
15th September 2001, 22:41
Food For Sport.
Nathan J. Smith, MD and Bonnie Worthington-Roberts, Ph. D.

It's out of print, but an excellent primer on nutrition and nutritional biochemistry. It explains the biochemistry in clear, easily understood terms.

Rob

PHILBERT
18th September 2001, 01:48
I found Arnold's Bodybuilding for Men and The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding to be pretty good books. Both are by Arnold Schwarzenegger, and sure if you follow his daily workout routine, you'd be killing yourself. But there are some good exercises in there to give a try and plent of photos to help guide you.

Scott Rehark

yamatodamashii
18th September 2001, 07:21
www.zoneperfect.com

Dr. Sears won the Nobel prize for biochemistry for some of the research that went into this program.

NoMan
18th September 2001, 07:42
Try myodynamics.com They have a lot of information, and it is specifically in regards to martial arts. You can also try my website, the link is given by my name.