PDA

View Full Version : Kodai Ryu Info wanted

weirdwolf
24th September 2001, 13:18
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could give me an information on a group called the Kodai Ryu under a Brian Walsh Soke.

Thank you,
Ted

Yamantaka
24th September 2001, 20:01
Originally posted by weirdwolf
Hello,
I was wondering if anybody could give me an information on a group called the Kodai Ryu under a Brian Walsh Soke.
Thank you,
Ted

YAMANTAKA : Danger! Danger! Jukokai strikes again!...:eek:
Brian Walsh is a soke shodai (impressive, no?) with the Jukokai organization and apparently he is the creator of his own style, Kodai Ryu Bujutsu. I'll stay definitely very far from them...:nono:
Best

Andrew Craig
25th September 2001, 15:09
Hello everyone,

I have lurked here for a while but this is my first post so be gentle:)

About 6 years ago I went to a "Kobu Jutsu" seminar held by Brian Walsh Soke, in Leeds (UK).

At the time he was introduced to us as a twelth dan and wore a red belt with a yellow stripe down the middle (The one and only time I have seen one of those!).

We were told that he taught what was called Kodai Ryu and included Karate, Ju Jutsu, Ken Jutsu and Kobu Jutsu. I have no idea how "authentic" anything that he taught is. I went to the seminar for novelty value and it was my first exposure to Okinawan weapons. I learnt a really short Bo kata that I can just about remember to this day. :D

I have to say though that throughout the day he was a very pleasant and approachable man and was well recieved by those attending. Beyond that, the only other thing I can recall is that he was based somewhere in or around Liverpool.

Not much information, but I hope it helps.

Best,