PDA

View Full Version : Tabi?

PghBudo
25th September 2001, 20:38
Hello,

I am looking for tabi with a white cotton sole. I found them at ankle length with three metal clasps. I wanted to know if they sell them with five or more metal clasps, higher up the ankle? If anyone knows where I can get Tabi like this please let me know.

Thanks,
Tom Thornton

Evan London
26th September 2001, 11:56
Tom,

Check for pasts threads on tabi in this section. There have been quite a few in the past year.
Good luck,
Ev

PghBudo
9th October 2001, 20:42
Thanks Evan for the info, but I checked the past postings and no luck. So if anyone can tell me where I can get black tabi with a white cotton sole and with 4 or 5 metal clasps let me know.

Thanks,
Tom Thornton

Sgathak
9th October 2001, 23:23
Ninjutsu.com sells them...

tcasella
9th October 2001, 23:47
also check Japanese treasures here with Mark (no plug intended)...I know I have had my eye on a pair and am thinking about ordering some from him before I leave for the desert...:shot:

PghBudo
10th October 2001, 02:34
I did check out what Mark has at Japenese Treasures. All he has are dark blue tabi with white sole and 4 clasps. I am looking for black tabi.

Sgathak
10th October 2001, 04:51
you can carefully dye the dark blue... its not that difficult.

and if its really dark blue it wont be noticeable anyway

J Robbins

PghBudo
10th October 2001, 10:05
Thanks, but its not that important. I know they sell them somewhere in black I have seen them. I will find them eventually. I will stick to the three clasps tabi until I do.

PghBudo
23rd October 2001, 21:37
Hello,

I found a good source for high top tabi with a cotton sole.....I took an old pair of tabi that I purchased from a supplier in Japan and carefully removed the rubber sole. There is a cotton sole under the rubber sole. Thats all you have to do. The tabi I used the sole was simply sewn on there was no glue, if your tabi are glued and then sewn on then this might not work. Just thought I would share this to anyone looking for good cotton soled tabi.

Thanks,
Tom Thornton