PDA

View Full Version : Printing or emailing a single post

Gil Gillespie
28th September 2001, 15:06
Frequently I want to print or email a single e-budo post but the couple times I tried I got the entire thread, all posts. Is there a way to print or email a single post or somehow restrict the excerpt to several posts?

MarkF
29th September 2001, 09:28
Gill,
You could copy it directly to your email form.

Mark

Gil Gillespie
29th September 2001, 16:13
Thanks Mark. Understanding that that's what I need to do, how do I do it? How do I limit it to the one post?

Mike Collins
30th September 2001, 01:01
Click on only the post you want to copy, copy that post (highlighting only the part you want), then paste. Right clicking with a PC will bring up a context menu which'll allow you to do that, once you've highlighted the text you want.

John Lindsey
30th September 2001, 04:37
Don't forget that you have the option to view the thread in a printable version. The option icon is on the bottom left of the message thread.

MarkF
30th September 2001, 09:04
Gil,
If you simply want to send the text, drag your mouse over the text, highlighting it (you can include the authors name, and any other pertinent info) by holding down the left button, letting up when everything you want to copy is highlighted. Or you can select edit on your browser while it is on that page, then "select all" which will highlight everything without having to drag.

Then go to your email and click "write mail" or whatever you do to send mail, not reply, then left click to put the cursor on your mail form, right click at that spot and select paste by left clicking on the dropdown list you will see (you can simply select paste from the "Edit" list).

If it is simply the link you want to send (much easier, btw, the above will do that also). Right click on the post, select properties from the drop down list, you will get a rather large pop-up on which you can highlight the link to that post. Copy as above (highlight) then put the cursor in your email form and right click, and select paste (left clicking). Or, if it has a choice to put it into email, select that instead.

One probelm in pasting a link is that it may not show up as a clickable link to the person to whom you are sending it, so the best thing is to send the page, and let the person know the page and where the post is. You can highlight the address of the page in the browser bar, then right click there, and select copy from the dropdown menu, then as above on your email form, left click for the cursor, then right click for the drop down menu and select paste (left click). The link will show on your email, but try clicking or copying the link into the browser bar to test it.

And if you decide to send the text, do what John said about selecting a printable page first. You will get a draft version which you can print, but whether you can print only a single page (possible, but that is between you and your printer setup.;) )

Other than those options, I can't think of any others. I got this far in only two years.:) Really.

Something is always crashing, but when I'm online I am busy.:o

Mark