PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Glick Judoka and American Hero

Russman
1st October 2001, 21:04
One of the Heroes of Flight 93, The plane that did not make it to it's intended target on Sept. 11th was a Judo Man.

His Name is Jeremy Glick, and a special tribute website has been set up in his name.

Check out www.jeremyglick-info.org for more information.

I am asking that all Martial Artist in general, and Judoka in particular visit this website, sign the guest book, and if the spirit moves you contribute to his childs scholarship fund.

Russman

John Lindsey
2nd October 2001, 00:01
In a related issue, it was reported in the news that one of the Terrorists from September 11th was training in martial arts in Florida. I think he was studying a modern form of ground fighting, close combat. His teacher was interviewed and was shocked by all of this.

BC
2nd October 2001, 17:41
Originally posted by John Lindsey
In a related issue, it was reported in the news that one of the Terrorists from September 11th was training in martial arts in Florida. I think he was studying a modern form of ground fighting, close combat. His teacher was interviewed and was shocked by all of this.

Yes, his name was Ziad Jarrah, and this was discussed at the following thread in the Teacher and Student section:

http://204.95.207.136/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=8195

He was on Flight 93, the same plane as Mr. Glick.

Regards,

-Robert Cronin