PDA

View Full Version : LVNR

Kit LeBlanc
15th July 2000, 18:31
Neil,

The best contact person RE: LVNR would probably be Jim Lindell with the National Law Enforcement Training Center (NLETC). I have an 800 number, 1-800-782-8323 but don't know how old it is. He probably has data on what agencies have adopted it and where it is on their force continuum. Steve Uhrig, Gene LeBell's organization director, I believe, taught it here in Washington.

LVNR (Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint) is actually a trademarked term for his particular method of carotid restraint.

Be aware that Washington State still seems to be figuring out where to put LVNR in the Use of Force Continuum. It will probably end up being something like "less lethal."

I have not been instructed in it, but have spoken with our department instructor of LVNR. It involves three "levels" with different angles on the neck. It is like hadaka-jime with both hands cupped together (no grabbing your off bicep and squeezing to put the pressure on). They don't do other Judo/jujutsu naked chokes because their theory is the head moves too much and may damage the neck. They do teach entries, takedowns, and LVNR from a rear position with legs wrapped around the bad guy.

E mail me with a return e-mail and we can discuss it more offline.

Kit LeBlanc